• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in other news.... whose competing in area D against Conally and Henderickson

Area D is another area heavily affected by the re-alignment. Connally, Hendrickson, and New Braunfels will probably wind up as the top three. If there is a 4th spot, it will probably come down to Midway, Canyon, Alamo Heights, Dripping Springs, LBJ, Hays and Vista Ridge. This is definitely another one to watch.

Vista Ridge (outside of Connally and Hendrickson) is the only other band I've heard of in that area... gosh I'm sheltered.

Haven't you heard of Hays also? I'm pretty sure they were at Duncanville this past year.

Anyway, the realignment created some crazy effects. This'll be one interesting year.

Area D is another area heavily affected by the re-alignment. Connally, Hendrickson, and New Braunfels will probably wind up as the top three. If there is a 4th spot, it will probably come down to Midway, Canyon, Alamo Heights, Dripping Springs, LBJ, Hays and Vista Ridge. This is definitely another one to watch.

Dripping Springs is a clean band im suprized they didnt make state in 05 must of had a bad year or something

Canyon is pretty good from what i saw

Lake Travis is around there too arent they?? i thought they were ok

Vista Ridge is another good one

i always thought LBJ was a 5A but i guess not

Canyon is awesome.  A consistent 3A Finalist with a really nice sound that gets to take a stab at the 4A competition.

I was talking about Canyon from New Braunfels that advanced to 4A state in 03. Did awesome 3A Canyon move up to 4A? If so, I'm excited to see how they do.

EDIT: Ok, I did some research and 3A Canyon is still 3A.

I was talking about Canyon from New Braunfels that advanced to 4A state in 03. Did awesome 3A Canyon move up to 4A? If so, I'm excited to see how they do.

EDIT: Ok, I did some research and 3A Canyon is still 3A.

Well, dang. Canyon (3A) is still awesome, though.

The 3A State Finals with Canton vs. Canyon have been great.

Area C is fairly open this time around. I predict Poteet, J.J. Pearce, and Waxahachie will advance, but Midlothian and North Lamar could upset. There are several good military bands in Area C like Pine Tree and Hallsville who never get their due. I would love to see one of them go to state.

Area C is fairly open this time around. I predict Poteet, J.J. Pearce, and Waxahachie will advance, but Midlothian and North Lamar could upset. There are several good military bands in Area C like Pine Tree and Hallsville who never get their due. I would love to see one of them go to state.

I remember Pine Tree.

When my friend and I first saw them, we both sat there like... "Uhhh, what!?" cus it was so different. But then we saw that they did what they did really well, and so, while we were still completely lost as to the style of marching, we understood why they were well known.

I think they placed 11th if I remember correctly at Area 2 years ago.

I have seen Kingwood and they are awesome! They were robbed blind at area in 2004.

borchnork, I think you're right about Pine Tree coming in 11th in 05. I didn't get to see them that day but I was really pulling for them to make finals. I believe they were the alternate to state in 2001 and many people were shocked, especially after Hebron and Sherman were not announced at all.

i have to go with my homie down there and say that Fossil Ridge is certainly an under-dog that will suprise A LOT of people this marching year!! Esp. since we are taking a way diff approach than we have in the past!! B) not trying to sound cocky or anything just saying im very prideful of the FOssil Ridge band!!

Since there seems to be quite a few questions about whos in what area and everything, I decided to be useful and try and break down every sungle area. Now since I did not feel like typing the names of every band out, I just typed down the names of the bands who got a 1 at UIL Region Marching Contest last year. If I have left a band out or messed this up in someway, it is not intentional. I apologize...just let me know and I will fix it.

OK Here we go....I will put the 7 areas in 7 different posts.

AREA A

Region 1

Palo Duro

Hereford

Region 2

Azle

Boswell

C.F. Brewer

Denton

Fossil Ridge

Guyer

Ryan