BOA San Antonio FINALS Results

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bell was indeed incredible from the get-go. such raw emotion displayed. i was one of the awe-struck finals' onlookers, and i can tell you there wasn't a sound being made in the audience by the end. i didn't know whether to stand up and applaud or soak it all in and let the moment just take me. amazing stuff. congrats to them.

and i have to give a shout out to cedar park. i thought their sound was absolutely incredible. extremely pure, lush sounds coming from 'em.

it was a great night all-around.

towards the end of the show when the band broke into seperate blocks on either side of the field, the colorguard ran to the back of the field as if they were seeking salvation, but couldnt reach it. so, all you saw were red dresses running toward the back wall, then all of them struggling to touch it, yet not being able to; they all fell right before reaching it. It was amazing.

that seriously blew me away. what a brilliant way to end the show. seriously, i was in awe. completely and utterly blown the heck away.

towards the end of the show when the band broke into seperate blocks on either side of the field, the colorguard ran to the back of the field as if they were seeking salvation, but couldnt reach it. so, all you saw were red dresses running toward the back wall, then all of them struggling to touch it, yet not being able to; they all fell right before reaching it. It was amazing.

Oh, I thought you were referring to the last one remaining.

I was very impressed with Bell's show this year. It's certainly different than "Rapsody in Blue" from 04.

We were next to them for finals retreat, and I enjoyed talking to them while waiting.

I can't wait to see then at State, and I wish them the best at Grand Nationals. Those people are in the middle of one heck of a week (BOA San Antonio, State, Grand Nationals).

I thought the The Remaining was amazing, and the guard perfomed so well. The bit where they hit the back wall was omg.

I'm sort of sad that Bowie didn't make finals this year. I enjoyed their show, especially the guard. But I think they had a rough prelims, from what I saw.

Regan's show was really good as well, but I didn't stick in my mind as well. Same with The Woodlands. All I remember is the 'trees'

Lastly, all I can say is: Cedar Park, Move and Inspire!

In prelims i was extremely impressed by L.D. Bell's show. I absolutely loved it. Performing that show would be so much fun

In Finals, I didn't get the same effect. I already knew what was going to happen, so it just wasn't as exciting. I thought General Effect was definitely going to be theirs after watching them in prelims. We went insane when we won it instead.

My favorite show that I saw in finals was Marcus. I could not get over how amazing their ensemble sound was. They sounded like a Wind Ensemble was sitting behind the pit playing. The crab stepping and visuals were so effective, and the sea horse race was so awesome.

congrats to everyone!

I thought General Effect was definitely going to be theirs after watching them in prelims. We went insane when we won it instead.

My favorite show that I saw in finals was Marcus. I could not get over how amazing their ensemble sound was. They sounded like a Wind Ensemble was sitting behind the pit playing. The crab stepping and visuals were so effective, and the sea horse race was so awesome.

"We" being Marcus since they won GE i'm assuming, and you also somehow watched yourself perform in finals?

What about Churchill???

I'm sorry but I didn't like Bell's show

because everyone seems to be a critic...

i will give them credit for their work

i just think that the demented running around and dying a dozen times was weird not emotional

but maybe that's just me.

I think that churchill had a really good show

even if it was aimed at a different audience.

What about Churchill???

I'm sorry but I didn't like Bell's show!

I thought that it was redundant and somewhat dare i say it dumb?!

i don't think that the guard crawling around on the ground makes them a good guard like I've heard everyone else say...

but maybe that's just me.

I think that churchill had a really good show

even if it was aimed at a different audience.

the guard was really good.

You're right. It's not the crawling that makes them good. It's the flag and rifle work.

Dumb?????? You're entitled to your opinion but holy crap, a simple "I didn't like it" would have done just fine.