• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i think spring did amazing. LD Bell too, and Marcus. They both just relied on visuals to much. Spring just had a little slip up at the wrong time. oh well we learn from pass experiences. Regan was good tooooooooo. good job to every one

I do not think anyone relied too much on props or visual. They are amazing bands and the probs just add to their show. Their is no relying on them going on. It just makes people happy to them and helps the less educated in the ways of band know what is going on.

i think the best bands are....

L.D Bell

The Woodlands

Bowie

Churchill

Reagan

Cedar Park

Marcus

Haltom

Duncanville

Langham Creek

if i didnt name your band... or the band you prefer its just cuz i havent seen them yet. Ya know such a crap load of awesome bands in Texas and such a short amount of time to see their shows

ya i do think bowie has the right to think they are one of the best bands in Texas i mean state finalist these last two years then BOA GNats finalist the first time they go.

I have to say that Texas is a pretty cool state to be in because of the band programs here. They are many that are really really good.

I believe that rankings do not ALWAYS show validity to how well a band does or what they are. In my opinion, I think that ratings and rankings can't always be depended on because there might have been events within the show that could've happened that could've choked the band, or sometimes judges could've played preference, or other things like that. I think that rankings just depend, and they don't always justify how well a band does.

Also, the props and visuals, they are supposed to add some color, character, and emotion to the show. Visuals, etc. sometimes are more for BOA because you want to add points to the Visuals or GE.

• 1 month later...

well like not to be mean or anything, but if your talking about recently (last 2 years) then westfield isnt exactly competing for best band in texas.

i mean yes they have had their long run of good things but that was years ago and recently no offence but they arent as hott as Bell or Reagan or Marcus or etc.

and i read somewhere about marcus being better then reagan cuz they beat reagan and reagan got best music last year? well you cant really compare two different years especially since reagans show was so different

QUOTE (whitewing09 @ Dec 28 2006, 09:34 PM)

i mean yes they have had their long run of good things but that was years ago

But you're right in that 04-06 havent been quite up to par to what westfield is generally known for.

Yeah, one of only 2 texas bands to win nats, and only 3 years ago, is nothing to brag about.

"and i read somewhere about marcus being better then reagan cuz they beat reagan and reagan got best music last year? well you cant really compare two different years especially since reagans show was so different "

no idea what you are trying to say there

• 2 months later...

It depends on whether we're talking who won the last contest (this year) or which bands have been the most succesful in the last 30+ years in Texas. Maintaining a tradition of excellence is much more difficult than having the best band "today". The names are the directors generally most recognized with those schools and commited themselves to many, many years of service to those band programs. Although most are retired now, they represent many of the finest band directrors in the history of Texas.

Permian High School, Odessa (J.R. McIntyre, Charles Nail)

Longview High School (Pete Kunkel)

Westlake High School (Lee Boyd Montgomery)

Monahans High School (Dan Gibbs)

Pearland High School (Jack Farris)

Duncanville HIgh School (Tom Shine)

Lake Highlands High School (Eddie Green)

Van High School (Kenneth Griffin)

Nederland HIgh School (Blanton McDonald, Val Rose)

Alice High School (Bryce Taylor)

Georgetown HIgh School (Rodney Klett)

Paris High School (Floyd Weger)

Lee HS in Midland (Van Ragsdale, Randy Storie)

L.D. Bell (Roger Winslow)

etc...etc....etc...

i like this guy/gal

his/her opinion counts lol, i agree with what u say. Tradition is alot more important to me any day.

4 years of placing 12th or higher > 1 year first place.

just my 2cents.

yeah...that's 100% true

it's harder to maintain high placements than it is to win 1 time...

u can beat a lil kid in checkers a lot but they can always win one time...what makes that lil kid good is if he keeps on beating you or at least gettin close