Who's ready for BOA Super Regionals???

i was just wondering on how everybody felt about how their band is going to do at BOA Super Regionals in San Antonio???

It's a LOT of good competition going, so how do you think your band will turn out? I think this is going to be one of the best BOA Super Regionals to happen in a while.

I, for one, am very anxious and excited to see how we will place. I want the best for our band and i think marching at super regionals is going to bring the best out of my band. It takes a lot of work in order to march a good show within that stadium due to the echo and all that. So hopefully we will all come together and do the best that Westfield can do.

So how do you feel???

I am quite excited. I am hoping that we will stay the two extra days due to us making state, but I don't know how we will do at Area this Saturday. I think I have reached that point that most [[good]] band students get to when you begin to see all of the bad things and all of the amazing things in your show are so commonplace, that they seem less interesting. I guess I am just paranoid about it, but I am still optimistic about our band. If everyone goes out there and does their best at Area, State, Super Regional, whatever... I know we can make finals. Other than that, I can't say.

Judson will make finals saturday!!! we will not be cheated out of a place like we were yesterday at Area E competition, one judge placed us 27th because he thought our show was stupid, gimicky, immature, and was not a serious UIL show, not to mention he didnt like elvis...what an **** judge, i think he needs to be fired!!! but i'd like to see who he placed under us, lmao!!!

I think you should calm down a little bit and try not to use so many exclamation points.

Judson will make finals saturday!!! we will not be cheated out of a place like we were yesterday at Area E competition, one judge placed us 27th because he thought our show was stupid, gimicky, immature, and was not a serious UIL show, not to mention he didnt like elvis...what an **** judge, i think he needs to be fired!!! but i'd like to see who he placed under us, lmao!!!

Calling a UIL Judge an "****" on this forum is a very immature, unprofessional thing to do, and reflects badly on yourself and on your band program. Remember that judging is always going to be a little bit subjective, such is the nature of music. Im sure the judge had his reasons for the placement, and Im sure that he has the resume to give some weight to his opinion.

Aw, I wish we were going to BOA this year. Just because it would make my marching band soul happy to do lots of performances in a few short days, heehee [for doing BOA & State].

I was planning on going down to go watch, but I have SATs this Saturday and so I dunno if it would work out in time. Sigh.

But I wish all the bands going good luck!

Judson will make finals saturday!!!

Good luck, I hope your band does its best.

one judge placed us 27th because he thought our show was stupid, gimicky, immature, and was not a serious UIL show

I'm sorry that he made such comments on his tape, how inconsiderate of him.

not to mention he didnt like elvis

Yeah, Elvis didn't even write his own music. What a tool.

what an **** judge

I would hate to have to judge assholes, that's pretty gross.

Our show's way BOA this year,so we can't really complain - kinda sucks that it was the same guy, though. Also kinda appears that he never really listened to the music and sorta prejudged (original score by richard saucedo - i promise he wasn't joking!). But that's in the past now. All we can do is move on and knock em dead at BOA! Can't wait!

I can't wait to hear how Westfield does at BOA.

I just thought about this, but it's kinda neat. Both SISD schools are going to big contests at SA. State for us, BOA for Westfield. Haha, go sister schools!

that's WASSUP!!!

i saw yall's show on google video and it's pretty tight...like for real. Yall are really clean too considering the amount of time you have to learn drill and all that. I love "The Colors Underneath"!!!!

i was just wondering on how everybody felt about how their band is going to do at BOA Super Regionals in San Antonio???

It's a LOT of good competition going, so how do you think your band will turn out? I think this is going to be one of the best BOA Super Regionals to happen in a while.

I, for one, am very anxious and excited to see how we will place. I want the best for our band and i think marching at super regionals is going to bring the best out of my band. It takes a lot of work in order to march a good show within that stadium due to the echo and all that. So hopefully we will all come together and do the best that Westfield can do.

So how do you feel???

we`re going to sr + we just found out today.

Well - Wheather this next statement has "class" or not, but all Im gonna throw out there is that our show was designed and written FOR BOA BY a BOA judge..Richard Saucedo himself..not for UIL, I mean it does suck that the judge thought that about us, but it was a decision that was made for this year by the staff.

And may I add:

Westfield did have a good show in my opinion, there were many good things that stuck out to me...along w/ Cedar Park too - MAN that cymbal line!!!! Ive NEVER seen a cymbal line do so many things visually. Yall's shows keep my attention

And, be ready for saturday...all I gotta say