Date: November 2,2024

The UIL Area contest is less than 12 months away! This year, it's expected to be one of the most competitive areas in Houston. Will there be four state spots after three high schools moved down to 5A? Can Jordan overtake Seven Lakes or secure their first state spot? Will we see a repeat of last year's top 4? This area might be unpredictable!

6A Schools in Area I:

Katy ISD - Katy, Mayde Creek, James E. Taylor, Cinco Ranch, Morton Ranch, Seven Lakes, Tompkins, Paetow, Jordan

Cy-Fair ISD - Cy-Fair, Jersey Village, Cypress Creek, Langham Creek, Cypress Falls, Cypress Springs, Cypress Ridge, Cypress Woods, Cypress Ranch, Cypress Lakes, Cypress Park, Bridgeland 

Alief ISD- Alief Taylor, Hastings, Elsik 

Spring Branch ISD - Memorial, Northbrook, Stratford

Houston ISD - Bellaire, Heights, Lamar, Westside

Waller ISD - Waller 

Total: 32 Schools

21 hours ago, ruben_f said:

saw another person do this, but here we go again!

The UIL Area contest is less than 12 months away! This year, it's expected to be one of the most competitive areas in Houston. Will there be four state spots after three high schools moved down to 5A? Can Jordan overtake Seven Lakes or secure their first state spot? Will we see a repeat of last year's top 4? This area might be unpredictable!

Any idea on which three schools moved down to 5A? haven’t heard of this yet. Hoping to see Jordan advance to state!!!

2 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

Any idea on which three schools moved down to 5A? haven’t heard of this yet. Hoping to see Jordan advance to state!!!

Spring Wood , Chavez, Westbury are moving down to 5A. 

me too I hope Jordan advance to state

46 minutes ago, Sideswiperr said:

I’m pretty sure that will move the amount of state spots to 4, any predictions for the finalists of this crazy, unpredictable area? Lol 

I say too early to tell, but so far I say that (not in order) Bridgeland, cy fair , cy woods are for sure locked in for finals. 

12 hours ago, ruben_f said:

I say too early to tell, but so far I say that (not in order) Bridgeland, cy fair , cy woods are for sure locked in for finals. 

I’d add in Seven Lakes and Tompkins, Taylor and Cinco and definitely Jordan, those last two spots can be up for grabs between anyone but one of them is definitely going to be Katy.

Gonna throw this out there to see if my cards can play right for once! Yes; it is indeed way too early. Anything below 10th I’m purely guessing.
1. Bridgeland 

2. Cy-Fair

3. Cypress Woods 

4. Tompkins 

5. Jordan 

6. Seven Lakes

7. JET

8. Katy 

9. Cinco Ranch 

10. Cypress Ranch

————————— - Cutoff for finals 

11. Langham Creek 

12. Paetow

13. Jersey Village

14. Cypress Springs 

15. Waller 

20 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

I’d add in Seven Lakes and Tompkins, Taylor and Cinco and definitely Jordan, those last two spots can be up for grabs between anyone but one of them is definitely going to be Katy.

Gonna throw this out there to see if my cards can play right for once! Yes; it is indeed way too early. Anything below 10th I’m purely guessing.
1. Bridgeland 

2. Cy-Fair

3. Cypress Woods 

4. Tompkins 

5. Jordan 

6. Seven Lakes

7. JET

8. Katy 

9. Cinco Ranch 

10. Cypress Ranch

11. Langham Creek 

12. Paetow

13. Jersey Village

14. Cypress Springs 

15. Waller 

here my early prediction kind of similar to yours lol

1. Bridgeland 

2. Cy-Fair

3. Cypress Woods 

4. Seven Lakes (maybe jordan) 

5. Jordan 

6. Tompkins 

7. JET

8. Katy

9. Cinco Ranch

10. Cypress Ranch/Langham Creek 

6 hours ago, ruben_f said:

here my early prediction kind of similar to yours lol

1. Bridgeland 

2. Cy-Fair

3. Cypress Woods 

4. Seven Lakes (maybe jordan) 

5. Jordan 

6. Tompkins 

7. JET

8. Katy

9. Cinco Ranch

10. Cypress Ranch/Langham Creek 

Yours is more realistic than mine imo lol, only thing that I can never make a decision on is 10th place lol.

On 1/10/2024 at 6:37 PM, Sideswiperr said:

1. Bridgeland 

2. Cy-Fair

3. Cypress Woods 

4. Tompkins 

5. Jordan 

6. Seven Lakes

7. JET

8. Katy 

9. Cinco Ranch 

10. Cypress Ranch

11. Langham Creek 

12. Paetow

13. Jersey Village

14. Cypress Springs 

15. Waller 

Feels pretty darn good as a guess looking at the schools. It'll be interesting to see what happens during the 'off' season with the different program's developments throughout the concert season & summer. I'm wondering how some of the school numbers will play out with what was posted with the enrollment numbers at campuses. I know Katy ISD has a new HS opening up (heard a rumor they'll be 4A to start and not 5A?) that will be pulling students from both Paetow & Katy. 

The other thing I'm wondering about is how schools across the state are going to be dealing with the new temperature guideline indexes that UIL is pushing out to school districts. The Wet Bulb Globe Temperature is BRUTAL on schools in the greater Houston area due to the humidity fun. I know there were schools all across Houston that literally lost full weeks of rehearsal time due to being told you can't go outside, so I'm very curious how districts and schools are going to be addressing and dealing with that. 

Really no way to make a solid guess on anything beyond the top 5ish until we see and hear schools posting their hype clips and things during the next summer band camps. Lol 🤣

11 minutes ago, 11BandMan11 said:

Feels pretty darn good as a guess looking at the schools. It'll be interesting to see what happens during the 'off' season with the different program's developments throughout the concert season & summer. I'm wondering how some of the school numbers will play out with what was posted with the enrollment numbers at campuses. I know Katy ISD has a new HS opening up (heard a rumor they'll be 4A to start and not 5A?) that will be pulling students from both Paetow & Katy. 

The other thing I'm wondering about is how schools across the state are going to be dealing with the new temperature guideline indexes that UIL is pushing out to school districts. The Wet Bulb Globe Temperature is BRUTAL on schools in the greater Houston area due to the humidity fun. I know there were schools all across Houston that literally lost full weeks of rehearsal time due to being told you can't go outside, so I'm very curious how districts and schools are going to be addressing and dealing with that. 

Really no way to make a solid guess on anything beyond the top 5ish until we see and hear schools posting their hype clips and things during the next summer band camps. Lol 🤣

that is correct “freeman HS” aka katy new high school. They will start as a 4A then hopefully move up to 6A in the next realignment 

6 hours ago, Sideswiperr said:

I do hope so, This area is going to be one that I will watch with intent because you never know what’s gonna happen lol.

just like in 2022 with some very surprising results! 

On 1/8/2024 at 9:59 PM, ruben_f said:

6A Schools in Area I:

Katy ISD - Katy, Mayde Creek, James E. Taylor, Cinco Ranch, Morton Ranch, Seven Lakes, Tompkins, Paetow, Jordan

Cy-Fair ISD - Cy-Fair, Jersey Village, Cypress Creek, Langham Creek, Cypress Falls, Cypress Springs, Cypress Ridge, Cypress Woods, Cypress Ranch, Cypress Lakes, Cypress Park, Bridgeland 

Alief ISD- Alief Taylor, Hastings, Elsik 

Spring Branch ISD - Memorial, Northbrook, Stratford

Houston ISD - Bellaire, Heights, Lamar, Westside

Waller ISD - Waller 

Total: 32 Schools

I’ve also heard that they will soon be building a new school in Fairfield near Cypress to relieve Bridgeland and Cypress Ranch/Woods?

On 1/14/2024 at 3:27 PM, Sideswiperr said:

I’ve also heard that they will soon be building a new school in Fairfield near Cypress to relieve Bridgeland and Cypress Ranch/Woods?

yes, I heard that too. the new school will be in the community of “Dunham Pointe” across Fairfield,  but I don’t expect that new school to become a 6A at least in 2028 or 2030. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 3:53 PM, ruben_f said:

yes, I heard that too. the new school will be in the community of “Dunham Pointe” across Fairfield,  but I don’t expect that new school to become a 6A at least in 2028 or 2030. 

I bet the name will be Cypress Fairfield high school!

1 minute ago, crunchycookie3 said:

What are the odds we get Cypress Tundra

I heard that cy fair isd named their high schools after geography around them

such as Cypress Park - Named after Grandpark Way 

then bridgeland ofc. Etc  

4 hours ago, ruben_f said:

I heard that cy fair isd named their high schools after geography around them

such as Cypress Park - Named after Grandpark Way 

then bridgeland ofc. Etc  

It makes sense, Langham Creek(Langham creek), Cy-Creek, Cy-Ranch(Black horse ranch, Cypress Creek ranch)