http://www.videogamepianist.com/

I have always been a big fan of video games, no doubt about that, and the music involved with it. I have to give this man credit though. He has brought many of my childhood songs (Sonic and Mario) to life with a piano. He has made it more than just music...he's put emotion into it, something synthsized music usually lacks. Anyways, check that guy out.

Anyways, my main reason behind starting this post is to ask you all something...do you appreciate video game music? Most people think it's silly of me to do so, but I really do appreciate video game music. It is mood setting and some of the best, yet lesser-known, songs have been created for video games. Personally, I am a big fan of the music in the Kingdom Hearts series.

How about you?

I cant wait to play the new Zelda. The music is apparently going to be performed by a live orchestra this time

:o:o:o:o:o

*drools and foams at the mouth*

THAT IS FREAKIN' AWESOME! I loved both the Star Fox Assault (hated the game though) and Smash Bros. Melee soundtracks because they were performed by an orchestra. Not to mention that most of Zelda's music is catchy or emotional, and give that to an orchestra...talk about mind-blowing.

I always wanted to do a Kingdom Hearts show. I thought that would be wicked, and that there would be TONS of stuff to do for visual. Plus, the music is just enchanting.

I do agree...a Kingdom Hearts show would be pretty wicked. Some schools have done Final Fantasy shows, but I kind of feel Kingdom Hearts is in a league of its own with music. Not to mention if KH music was incorperated into a show, some of the music would be create some nice set ups for a great visual performance, especially since the music is already used to somewhat tell a story.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah Final Fantasy for sure. Really anything by Nobuo Uematsu is just phenomenal music.

The Chrono Cross and Trigger scores are also very powerful bits of music. Ah, who's the composer for those? Toshiro Masuda? ....*looks it up* Oh yeah, Yasunori Mitsuda. Yeah, he's awesome too.

Pixelation for those who care:

iono....it was the first youtube video I added to my favorites....kinda cool to see marching bands do this stuff (like Westfield '04 and '05 there was FF music as well).

Blue Stars also did an anime theme the year prior to Pixelation with music from Cowboy Bebop and Gundam Wing. They probably would have done another Video Game/Anime themed show if they hadn't changed their show arranger for '06. I honestly think the anime/videogame themed shows is what made their membership spike from Div III to Div I in just 2 years

....almost entirely unheard of in DCI. Not a wise move in my opinion, though Blue Stars '06 was still good I'll admit.