Berkner will likely be getting a new Head Director as it looks like Mike Brashear will be moving up to be the Richardson ISD Fine Arts Director. The current thoughts are that Berkner's Assistant Director, Pete Tolhuizen, will be moving up to be the new Head Director at Berkner.

Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD is also looking for a new Fine Arts Director and it looks like Dick Clardy is one of the top candidates for the position. This means that Klein could be looking for a new director at the end of the school year.

Also, The Colony, RL Turner, Lake Highlands, and Lakeview Centennial are all looking for new Head Directors.

And in the college world, the Director of Bands at Baylor, Kevin Sedatole, is moving to Michigan State and Eric Wilson from ACU will be filling the position at Baylor.

Anybody else know of any upcoming director changes anywhere else?

QUOTE (PrideOfPearland @ Apr 21 2006, 11:13 AM)
*mumbles* we are

Mr Frecking is going to the new Manvel High School

And Mr Braselton is going to UH

Man, the times are changing.

You know Manvel is growing when they are getting their own high school. smile.gif

I heard rumors around Seguin that all 3 of our band directors are moving. I also heard our Colorgaurd instructor is quitting. I know for sure that our Drumline Director is quitting, well his really moving across town to Texas Lutheran University. Those are just what I heard going around the bandhall. I don't know for sure. Do you know anything about this Moose, since you are from Seguin???

I heard rumors around Seguin that all 3 of our band directors are moving. I also heard our Colorgaurd instructor is quitting. I know for sure that our Drumline Director is quitting, well his really moving across town to Texas Lutheran University. Those are just what I heard going around the bandhall. I don't know for sure. Do you know anything about this Moose, since you are from Seguin???

Seguin will be losing their percussion director for the last ten years, Dr. Tim Sivils. They will also be losing their long time color guard instructor, Brandy Dubose. There are also rumors of the head director moving, but those should be takin with a grain of salt.

Here in Fort Bend ISD we have Nathan Carter, our head director at Bush HS, moving to the new Travis High School opening in the fall. And we will be getting, from what I heard from our other directors, Mr. Soto who is currently the director at Hightower HS.

It's going to be interesting how our band will take the change, both in directors and the fact that half our band will be going to the new Travis HS. It kinda sucks because we've made big leaps in improvement with our band under Mr. Carter.

Oh well, hopefully change can be good.

well, this is breaking news.

:(

Our band director, Doc just told us that he is leaving.

All the girls were crying including me.

I was balling. I had a hard time playing my horn. I just hope the next guy is going to be just as good as Doc because man I going to miss him.

• 3 weeks later...

Seguin High School is doing well with their director changes. The top prospect for the Guard instructor is Jason Flores, current caption head of the Seattle Cascades and long-time member of the Concord Blue Devils. The percussion instructor posistion may be filled with David Carbone, former director of Bellbrook High School, Ohio. I'm glad things are going good for them, after losing half of the staff.

Also, I heard a rumor that Frank Troyka, director of Cy-Falls high school was moving to Berkner. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I heard a rumor that Frank Troyka, director of Cy-Falls high school was moving to Berkner. Can anyone confirm this?

I had a recent conversation with Frank Troyka about said situation and yes, he has taken the Head Director position at Berkner High School.

I can assure you that the decision to leave Cypress Falls was NOT easy one. He's a great man with great values and a great sense of character. He would not have left the program if he didn't think the situation was beneficial to himself or his family.

As far as I know, the Cypress Falls 2006 show is still on schedule. I believe they are still planning to attend Grand Nationals as a representative of the great State of Texas...as well as the values bestowed upon them by their former director.

A director can change lives. He can teach music. He can teach you how to march. He can do many amazing things, but a program is not all about one director. Those kids, parents, staff, and administration are all apart of the Cypress Falls Golden Eagle Band. Their 2006 season will be a success. I have faith in that.

Sorry i didnt add any in depth info in my last post, i was in a hurry. Heres some info on bells new asst. BD straight from the website.

Jolette Wine

Jolette Mitchell Wine began playing the flute at Central Junior High in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford I.S.D. under the direction of Mr. Norman White. She then attended L.D. Bell High School with Mr. Roger Winslow as her band director. Following her high school years, Ms. Wine attended West Texas A&M University where she studied flute with Dr. Gary Garner and began her studies in music education. She received a Bachelor of Music Education at the University of Texas at Arlington and a Master of Music in flute performance from the University of North Texas where she studied flute with Dr. Mary Karen Clardy.

Ms. Wine began her band directing tenure in the Lewisville I.S.D. at Hedrick Middle School where she taught for 4 years. She then went to teach in the Hurst-Euless-Bedford I.S.D. at Euless Jr. High where she taught for 6 years.

Ms. Wine has been teaching in the Grapevine - Colleyville I.S.D. for the past 15 years. She began teaching at Colleyville Middle School in 1990 and in 1994 the Colleyville Middle School Band was named as the CC State Honor Band of Texas. In 1995, she was named "Teacher of the Year" for Colleyville Middle School.

In the fall of 1996, Ms. Wine opened the new middle school in the Grapevine-Colleyville I.S.D. and moved from Colleyville Middle School to Cross Timbers Middle School. The 2001-02 Honors Band was named 2nd runner up in the CC state middle school contest. In 2004, Ms, Wine was named "Teacher of the Year" for Cross Timbers Middle School.

Ms. Wine has a 14 year old son named Carson Wine who attended Cross Timbers Middle School and played trombone in the Honors Band. He will be attending Grapevine H.S. in the fall.

• 4 weeks later...