UIL 3A State Marching Contest 2023 (November 8th)

bxOxAxUIL

36 minutes ago, rbband said:

Are you sure? There was a random draw a week before the championship.

hes right, I competed at 4A, the random draw is for the same bands that are in that, for example if mineola and whitesboro is top 5, and mineola drew first, then they would announce mineola, therefore giving whitesboro a later time

1 minute ago, Tubalord11 said:

LETS GO WHITESBORO!!!!! After seeing them at boa prosper I knew they were gonna be threat to Minneola…seems I was right about them. So happy I caught the stream, I was having to hold back tears watching the DM from Whitesboro getting so emotional, what an amazing achievement for them!!! 

This is their third championship! Last one was back in 2015. I'm very excited for the program!

Congrats on Whitesboro winning, I thought Holiday possibly could have squeaked out a victory. I have not seen the individual scoring cards yet but I think in the end it just depended on which judges liked which show. I could see one judging group choosing Holiday and a different group choosing Mineola. The prelims scores looked a bit all over the place with one judge. 

With the State Contest now every year I see Whitesboro/Mineola/Holiday on another level with Atlanta closing the gap.