UIL 5A Area F 2023

1 hour ago, BandNerd07 said:

I wonder how this contest will go, as I think this is one of the easier areas in the state. 5A bands didn't advance to state last year but if they did, Aledo, Colleyville Heritage, Richland and Brewer would've made state.

I’d say Aledo is gonna win again, probably will for a while. CH will most likely be second, I’d say 3rd and 4th could be many bands (Azle,Richland, Midlothian, Brewer, Birdville, Summit) just depends on whose strongest the evening of.

Last year Burleson Centennial chose not to attend but would have been one of the four. This was the finals last year without BC attending, try telling 5-10 this is the “easiest “ areas? It’s not these are quality programs some like Richland have a wonderful perigee just like many the competition in other areas got harder. Richland had a rebirth last year and will have a better season coming up and I believe will surprise some but we have history and believe the program is returning to form. Good luck to all bands in this area.

10th: Saginaw 

9th: Grapevine 

8th: Summit 

7th: Birdville 

6th: Azle 

5th: Midlothian 

4th : Brewer 

3rd: Richland 

2nd: CH 

1st: Aledo 

1 minute ago, Percplayer19 said:

Last year Burleson Centennial chose not to attend but would have been one of the four. This was the finals last year without BC attending, try telling 5-10 this is the “easiest “ areas? It’s not these are quality programs some like Richland have a wonderful perigee just like many the competition in other areas got harder. Richland had a rebirth last year and will have a better season coming up and I believe will surprise some but we have history and believe the program is returning to form. Good luck to all bands in this area.

10th: Saginaw 

9th: Grapevine 

8th: Summit 

7th: Birdville 

6th: Azle 

5th: Midlothian 

4th : Brewer 

3rd: Richland 

2nd: CH 

1st: Aledo 

I completely forgot about Burleson Centennial! I’d definitely say they are probably locked for that 3rd, maybe even second spot, and the true battle is for forth. 

On 7/28/2023 at 10:18 AM, Percplayer19 said:

It’s unfortunate this area has many band programs that don’t make area and only has 4 Representatives leaving out some really good bands. Now that creates it harder which makes for a very competitive area knowing only 4 will make it. 

Yeah, I know. I wished more Fort Worth ISD bands would advance to area instead of just Arlington Heights, South Hills, and Southwest. They used to be good at making area before covid hit and it just seems like they haven't fully recovered yet.

• 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

welp 4 bands will be able to advance from this area :(

You made an error. 4 bands will NOT be able to advance from this area. Welp, it looks like 23 bands will attend this contest considering all Region 31 bands advance, which means we would have 10 finalists and 4 state advancers in this area.

1 minute ago, BandNerd07 said:

You made an error. 4 bands will NOT be able to advance from this area. Welp, it looks like 23 bands will attend this contest considering all Region 31 bands advance, which means we would have 10 finalists and 4 state advancers in this area.

yeah, I was looking at it considering Region 31 sends at least 4 bands to area.

18 hours ago, Anthony V said:

I wanted to point out how Aledo, Burleson Centennial, and Colleyville Heritage will be at the BISD contest this Saturday. (Richland will also, but will be in exhibition.) Several other potential finalists for 5A Area F will be at this contest, too.

It’ll definitely be a great preview for Area F!

After the Birdville Marching Festival, here are my final predictions for this area:

* means they competed at Birdville. Richland and Birdville will not be included since they were exhibition and didn't "compete".

1. Burleson Centennial*

2. Aledo*

3. Colleyville Heritage*

4. Azle

5. Richland

6. Midlothian

7. Birdville

8. Burleson*

9. Brewer*

10. Summit*/Timberview*

4 minutes ago, BandNerd07 said:

Yeah, I didn't think about that. I didn't get to see their exibition performance, so my predictions might be off. But reallistically, I would have them in the top 3. Aledo and BC are for sure locks, and it's up for grabs between Richland, CH, and Azle. Really wished this area could send more bands to state as stacked as it is. Unfortunately, too many bands from Region 5 did not advance, so we will once again only see 4 bands advance.

Yes, too bad more of the FWISD schools can’t advance to Area. 

3 minutes ago, BandDad4Life said:

Yes, too bad more of the FWISD schools can’t advance to Area. 

I think it's mostly due to poor funding. FWISD isn't really a great district for music education, as most bands don't advance to area. Most of these bands can't afford props, brand new uniforms, or even a semi truck. I feel like they throw all of their money to PHS because of the fact that they are 6A, while the other programs are left and abandoned. I've seen Paschal's show and it almost looks like a BOA show with the props and guard uniforms, and the style of music. What do the other bands get? Almost nothing. They don't even have a semi truck (Paschal is the only one that does), and the other programs just use another school bus to store equipment. Really wished the other programs had the support Paschal has, otherwize they might start doing better.