UIL 6A Area C 2023

Dave609

38 minutes ago, trumpet69 said:

I know a lot of people have predictions already set, but I wouldn’t take wylie high and Wylie East for granted. Their videos on youtube don’t do them justice. I definitely see them in the run for those state spots! 

Saw their videos online and I thought they did pretty well. I’d have to see it in person to make a definite judgement. I’m still wondering where Rock Hill is gonna place compared to Wylie and Wylie East. You think they’ll make the cut at 6th place or is Wylie and Wylie East gonna take their spot? Also, does anyone have their show online? I’d love to see it.

50 minutes ago, E1. said:

My predictions for state 🤩

1. Naaman Forest

2. Rockwall

3. Rockwall Heath

4. Hebron

5. Flower Mound

6. Marcus

okay now a serious predictions

1. Hebron

2. Marcus/FloMo

3. FloMo/Marcus

4. Prosper

5. Wylie

6. Rock Hill

7. Boyd

8. Rockwall

9. Wylie East

10. Sachse

11. Lewisville 

Twelfth is where it gets difficult for me. As a Rockwall Heath fan I'm really really hoping for them to somehow sneak into the 12th spot and I really think they can if they have a good run. Obviously though McKinney, both Plano and Plano East, and Braswell are really good as well. I really think that last spot for finals will depend on how each of those individual schools run will go.

28 minutes ago, E1. said:

okay now a serious predictions

1. Hebron

2. Marcus/FloMo

3. FloMo/Marcus

4. Prosper

5. Wylie

6. Rock Hill

7. Boyd

8. Rockwall

9. Wylie East

10. Sachse

11. Lewisville 

Twelfth is where it gets difficult for me. As a Rockwall Heath fan I'm really really hoping for them to somehow sneak into the 12th spot and I really think they can if they have a good run. Obviously though McKinney, both Plano and Plano East, and Braswell are really good as well. I really think that last spot for finals will depend on how each of those individual schools run will go.

I want Rockwall Heath to bring that energy they played with at the Rockwall vs RHHS football game. That was electric. I thought that was even better than their Mesquite festival performance. Didn’t get to see Denton. Heard very solid at Royse City but hard to compare due to competition the same way it was hard to compare Rockwall’s win at Birdville last year. A lot of great kids in the Hawk band and love how the two RISD bands put rivalry aside for these contest and support each other.  How special it would be to see them stand together at 11:00pm Saturday night. 

20 minutes ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

Did you know in 2021, Rockwall was 6th and just missed state because they only took 5 that year. Had NF and one other band made area, would have qualified. 

I didn't know that but it's honestly not very surprising. The Rockwall band program is great and I think that if they have a good run Saturday night they can definitely make state

1 hour ago, JFNDOWBFAN said:

I want Rockwall Heath to bring that energy they played with at the Rockwall vs RHHS football game. That was electric. I thought that was even better than their Mesquite festival performance. Didn’t get to see Denton. Heard very solid at Royse City but hard to compare due to competition the same way it was hard to compare Rockwall’s win at Birdville last year. A lot of great kids in the Hawk band and love how the two RISD bands put rivalry aside for these contest and support each other.  How special it would be to see them stand together at 11:00pm Saturday night. 

We'll see tomorrow night how the Heath band is doing at the game against Horn. I thought Royce City was one of their best performances that ive seen so far so hopefully they've improved since then. I know the Heath kids are very supportive of their friends on the north side of town and seeing both bands together at finals would definitely be memorable for both bands and their fans.

I think Rockwall-Heath is a contender to make area finals. Their clarity, tone, and blending of voice has increased significantly over the past year and they have finally translated it to the marching field. Their marching has gotten better as well, it seems like they have no weak links compared to the previous years. Although Royse City, is not really a prestigious event, I believe Heath can carryon their momentum into Area. Heath is ready to finally make 6a area finals in their 4th 6a area appearance. 

19 minutes ago, SaxPapi101 said:

I think Rockwall-Heath is a contender to make area finals. Their clarity, tone, and blending of voice has increased significantly over the past year and they have finally translated it to the marching field. Their marching has gotten better as well, it seems like they have no weak links compared to the previous years. Although Royse City, is not really a prestigious event, I believe Heath can carryon their momentum into Area. Heath is ready to finally make 6a area finals in their 4th 6a area appearance. 

Would love to see it. I think 3 Rockwall County Schools making finals would be awesome and send a few shock waves northeast of us. 

7 minutes ago, BandDadPro said:

It will be a fun and interesting day. There are a lot of bands vying for those last spots into state.

I also wonder how much the break between prelims and finals will be for someone like Boyd who plays first at prelims and how that impacts their energy and focus during finals.

We were looking at that today. 4-5 of those pre 10 am bands have real shots at Finals. Could easily be 10-12 hours between runs. 

15 minutes ago, oakcliffbandfan said:

my honest predicition:

1. plano west

2. plano senior

3. plano east

4. allen

5. naaman forest

6. cedar park

7. yokohama robins

8. collin county community college

9. guardians

10. el paso 

11. hebron

12. oakcliff

possibility of entering finals: marcus, flower mound, wylie north, mckinney east, vandegrift

i would love to open an argument about these predicitions, as i feel i can defend them very well. also i do not live in plano

The yokohama robins are coming off a pretty impressive performance at BOA Cleveland, missing finals by just 3 bands so 7 seems fairly legit.  Clearly you aren’t expecting Hebron James Band to adjust too well to the 10-11 hours between prelims and finals march. Have an inside scoop?

15 hours ago, BandDadPro said:

It will be a fun and interesting day. There are a lot of bands vying for those last spots into state.

I also wonder how much the break between prelims and finals will be for someone like Boyd who plays first at prelims and how that impacts their energy and focus during finals.

Definitely well as long as they dont have to stay at the stadium the whole time and get time to rest, thatll put them Sachse and Hebron at advantages going into finals