UIL 5A Area F 2022

Just now, Shoshana_leigh said:

Are y’all even here? Announcer literally started with “and now for the order of finalists done by random draw.”   Said word for word. 

Yeah this makes more sense. I don’t believe Summit got 9th. Maybe not too half but they are better than 9th. And I never heard anything about it being changed nor think they did.

13 minutes ago, Jack_0131 said:

So proud of our group for 2 straight years of 1st place at this competition. I could not be happier with the results at my final UIL competition, and congratulate all the finalist bands who performed their hearts out tonight!!!

Congrats!  Aledo is amazing and won’t slow down anytime soon!

3 minutes ago, tamago1 said:

Azle 6th though… really shows how different of a ballgame UIL is compared to BOA.

And Richland 3rd and Brewer 4th

Brewer’s brass is amazing!  That band’s made a leap.

Richland may be returning to their pre-Covid form.

Heritage is consistently solid but Aledo is probably going to be the standard bearer in this Area for a while

11 minutes ago, tamago1 said:

Wow, so finals order was reverse prelims placements. Probably a mistake, but regardless congrats to all of the bands!! Especially Grapevine, for being an area finalist for the first time in over 15 yrs, and Brewer for (theoretically) making state for the first time!

so who made it to state

4 minutes ago, Cornbdhs said:

but didn’t 2,4,6 have state last year

Every classification had state last year because of the COVID year that was 2020. Beginning this year it'll go back to the alternating cycle where 2A, 4A, and 6A have state on even numbered years and 1A, 3A, and 5A have state on odd numbered years. Though I think UIL is pushing to have state every year for every classification.

1 minute ago, BandFan59 said:

Every classification had state last year because of the COVID year that was 2020. Beginning this year it'll go back to the alternating cycle where 2A, 4A, and 6A have state on even numbered years and 1A, 3A, and 5A have state on odd numbered years. Though I think UIL is pushing to have state every year for every classification.

Football has a state competition every year and, as we all know, band is better than football so it only makes sense to have it every year!