Plano East Marching Invitational - October 1, 2022

On 9/22/2022 at 10:29 AM, Band_dad_of_2 said:

Does anyone have any information on this contest?  It's next week and the site hasn't been updated with the bands participating or the performance times.

https://planoeastband.membershiptoolkit.com/PEMI

As a former member of the band, our directors wait until the week of the contest to release anything. More often than not, it’s not released outside of the competing bands

8 hours ago, shritan said:

1st - Rock Hill HS

2nd - Independence HS

3rd - Braswell HS

4th - JJ Pearce HS

5th - Richland HS

6th - Plano Senior HS

7th - Heritage HS

8th - Panther Creek HS

9th - Plano West HS

10th - Little Elm HS

Outstanding Music: Rock Hill HS

Outstanding Marching: Independence HS

Outstanding Percussion: Rock Hill HS

Outstanding Color Guard: Rock Hill HS

Outstanding Drum Major: Braswell HS 

Thank You for posting.  My son went to the finals and was disappointed they didn't announce.all the placements just the top 3.   I will say I was pleasantly surprised by Plano Seniors show (I only went during prelims, couldn't leave my husband to puppysit all day, LOL.).  I think if they can clean up the marching and music a bit they might be able to move up in placements in other competitions.  But we'll see.   I loved Rock Hills and Independences shows, didn't see Braswell, sorry I missed them.

2 hours ago, PSHSMom said:

Thank You for posting.  My son went to the finals and was disappointed they didn't announce.all the placements just the top 3.   I will say I was pleasantly surprised by Plano Seniors show (I only went during prelims, couldn't leave my husband to puppysit all day, LOL.).  I think if they can clean up the marching and music a bit they might be able to move up in placements in other competitions.  But we'll see.   I loved Rock Hills and Independences shows, didn't see Braswell, sorry I missed them.

i’m in the independence band, thank you! we loved plano seniors show, saw braswell but unfortunately missed rock hill because we were warming up for finals. such a fun and surprising contest overall!

3 minutes ago, shritan said:

i’m in the independence band, thank you! we loved plano seniors show, saw braswell but unfortunately missed rock hill because we were warming up for finals. such a fun and surprising contest overall!

Amazing work y’all! I’m so happy you guys are finding a ton of success this season. I had King as my assistant director these past 4 years when I was at Lovejoy and I’m super happy he has helped y’all rise up! Independence looking like they are gonna be a real powerhouse for a while! Cant wait to see how area shapes out this year! Congratulations to all who were here! 

2 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Amazing work y’all! I’m so happy you guys are finding a ton of success this season. I had King as my assistant director these past 4 years when I was at Lovejoy and I’m super happy he has helped y’all rise up! Independence looking like they are gonna be a real powerhouse for a while! Cant wait to see how area shapes out this year! Congratulations to all who were here! 

thank you!! he’s amazing, i don’t know one person in this band who doesn’t like him

4 hours ago, DJ:D said:

Thank you! I'm in the plano senior band and I'm really pleased with the amount of hard work our band has put in this season. Everyone is so fired up and hungry to get better it's really amazing how far we've come as a band. I agree we have some rough moments so I'm excited to get better and grow as the season goes on!

My son graduated from PSHS in 2021.  They had some success with Marianette but then because of the Pandemic didn't really get to enjoy a second marching season there.   He was home and was very happy to see their show.  I wish you the best success for the rest of the marching band season.  I am going to try to catch a few more competitions.  

• 11 months later...
On 10/2/2022 at 9:35 AM, PSHSMom said:

On 10/2/2022 at 1:13 AM, windypendyww said:

1st - Rock Hill HS

2nd - Independence HS

3rd - Braswell HS

4th - JJ Pearce HS

5th - Richland HS

6th - Plano Senior HS

7th - Heritage HS

8th - Panther Creek HS

9th - Plano West HS

10th - Little Elm HS

Outstanding Music: Rock Hill HS

Outstanding Marching: Independence HS

Outstanding Percussion: Rock Hill HS

Outstanding Color Guard: Rock Hill HS

Outstanding Drum Major: Braswell HS 

By JJ Pierce do you mean Richardson High School??