Georgetown Wind Symphony is submitting to midwest. so far our concert will definitley include

fantasy variations on a theme by paginini

Glory of the yankee navy

sketches on a tudor psalm

and maybe fiesta del pacifico

and not to mention sketches of blue and white forever, a piece to be premiered at the ncbf in indianapolis

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cypress Springs Symphonic Band is going to the National Concert Band Festival (which we deeply underneath our smiling faces are dreading).

Don't dread it. If you have gone before then you know that it can be a lot of fun. There is sooo much to do in the city and Chicago is only about 2 or 3 hours away. Cedar Park went to the NCBF last year and went to Chicago for a few days of fun afterwards.

I personally enjoyed listening to the Honor Band and Honor Orchestra. They are like Region bands on steroids. You will have fun, don't worry!

• 2 weeks later...

Essentially, judges sit in a room and listen to the programs (The programs are played anonymously so the judges don't know who is performing)

It works just like marching season does. You go through Region, then Area, then State. There's not a "Finals" for State Honor Band, just the top eight or seven with placements. There are different proceedures for each level of competition (Region, Area, State). It gets kind of complicated looking at all this stuff so I'll refer you to http://www.tmea.org/ Check under Divisions -> Band -> Honor Band -> Rules and Forms.

I was able to be a monitor for the National Concert Band Festival listenings at the BOA Summer Symposium. It's so awesome watching the judges work as they listen to the music in a big concert hall.

For UIL we're playing:

Entry March of the Boyars- (dont know composer lol)

The Hounds OF Spring- Reed

Hereos: Lost and Fallen- Gillingham

This is what we're working on, but I'm pretty sure it's what we're playing

I like Heroes...

I'd tell everyone what the Clemens Symphonic Band is playing, but we change our repertoire every other day... so I'll probably let everyone know about a day before UIL :D

Hey im from seguin and i know that yall already know what we are goin to play but men was it a hard decision to choose which song we wanted to play.

Im going to list each song that we sight read and which ones we actually picked.

For March: Pineapple Poll Movement 1 or Movement 4, we chose 4 (like 1 better)

For 2nd song: Molly on the shore, Symphony for band by persichetti, and Fantasies on a theme by Haydn ( i loved the haydn song but it didnt win), we chose molly on the shore.

For 3rd piece: Chester, Overture to Candide, and Festive Overture ( i voted for Festive overture but it didnt win), we chose Overture to Candide.

Use the private message feature rather than hi-jacking the thread. Thanks, Moose.

• 3 weeks later...