My heart hurts for Roma. We were told that dropping any prop on the field and failing to retrieve it in the allotted time or having any sound clips with speaking could also immediately dq a band. That means one persons oops could ruin it for the whole band? Maybe that is incorrect and it would just hurt the score? I’d love more clarification on this situation as well as in general. It’s not criticism at all. It’s just a question so I can learn more.

If it isn’t apparent already, band parents and their support really affect the kids. Really surprised to see that many Pioneer parents and community in the audience. The majority of the audience. That’s great, and the way it should be for every program. Parents, go to your kids performances. It might not seem like much, but it does to them!

Scores:

*Sharyland=9

*Pioneer=10

*Rio Grande City=12

*Brownsville Lopez=25

*Brownsville Pace=29

Brownsville Porter=33

Gregory Portland=35

Victoria West=38

Mission Veterans Memorial=39

Laredo Cigarroa=45

Very big gap between RGC and Lopez. Pioneer got first in prelims with 9 points while Sharyland got 14 points. RGC was 6th and prelims and moved to 3rd in finals, while Porter was 3rd then 6th. Congrats to all the bands that performed. Can't wait to see what happens at state.