Midlothian Marching Showcase 2018

I haven’t seen HP’s show, I need to look for media. I can’t imagine waxahachie’s music wasn’t the most difficult thing played. When we saw them, it was a complicated show but executed well. I may go to BOA DALLAS next week just to see that entire line up including these two bands. It’s going to be a strong contest even without Marcus. (Sigh)

lol so we're (Lake Highlands) not "standout" but we beat half the bands on that list.

Normally I wouldnt humor this, but since you directly quoted me I will give you some pleasure of a response. Lake Highlands is a great band. I didn't mention by name every group that I thought was going to be successful, hence the phrasing "some standouts". In my own predictions, I had LH in 5th and winning a caption. I dont think that's exactly disrespectful or far off from how they performed...

Lol so, i go lake highlands n seeing where u guys placed us is pretty funny. When we got 4th w a bad show, by our standards, and having it rain in the middle of ouj show

Dude you are not representing your band program that well. People are basing their predictions off of a band’s past success, not how good the band is this year. And not everybody knows about every bands past success (for example, I didn’t know that much about sachse and I was surprised by how good they were (also their repertoire was amazing!!!)), so lostchoirguy might not have even known how amazing y’all were. I know you are mad, but online is not the place you should vent; it looks immature and foolish. While this may seem like a small Internet forum, it is much more. While they don’t always comment, parents, judges, and even band directors like to browse this site (most likely including your’s). When you say stuff like that it doesn’t only hurt your perceived character, it hurts how you’re band program is perceived by making y’all seem super pretentious. So think before you post.

Dude you are not representing your band program that well. People are basing their predictions off of a band’s past success, not how good the band is this year. And not everybody knows about every bands past success (for example, I didn’t know that much about sachse and I was surprised by how good they were (also their repertoire was amazing!!!)), so lostchoirguy might not have even known how amazing y’all were. I know you are mad, but online is not the place you should vent; it looks immature and foolish. While this may seem like a small Internet forum, it is much more. While they don’t always comment, parents, judges, and even band directors like to browse this site (most likely including your’s). When you say stuff like that it doesn’t only hurt your perceived character, it hurts how you’re band program is perceived by making y’all seem super pretentious. So think before you post.

Last year we got 4th at midlothian tho im pretty sure

People took me so seriously...

i would give Kenyangooner a break here.  I think his point is that a complete analysis of the event could have pointed out that Lake Highlands finished in the top four in prelims and may have contended for a top three spot had they been allowed to participate in the finals.  So, i can appreciate his disappointment.  I was a member of the Lake Highlands band back in the early 80s when we were a perennial power house. Lake Highlands won the BOA Regionals in Houston, Texas in 1982 - at that time there was no regional BOA competition in Dallas.  Word on the street is that Lake Highlands is on the rise having hired the band director from Ronald Reagan to lead the program and it has the largest incoming band class sizes in school history coming up from the middle schools.  i would expect to see great things from LHHS in the next five years.