Relevance of BOA Grand Nationals

UIL 6A Championshps will be a big event this coming fall. If you read the Yellow Board, the costs Bands are charging for Travel and other items, is being met with complaints by Parents, some of whom are Band Directors who feel that Costs are to high. Doing UIL even if you have to travel some distance, is still cheaper than going out of state. Big thing also is that since UIL is a school event, the Bands absence from School does not count against daily attendance figures and does not hurt funds coming for student attendance.   BOA is not a school function and being gone for 4 or 5 days counts against average daily attendance.

This too. Sometimes stuff about schools reminds me that marching band is affected real life haha. Schools definitely will encourage UIL anything (concert or marching) over BOA/other contests. They'll even go as far to provide funds for the trips.

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be awesome if it was Avon, Carmel, Broken Arrow, Tarpon Springs and 8 Texas bands in Finals. :D

I realize this is a late quote but way to burn the history of Marian Catholic's finals streak. ;)

Given how far Texas bands have come in the past decade, if all the big players came, that above outcome is certainly possible!

I realize this is a late quote but way to burn the history of Marian Catholic's finals streak. ;)

Given how far Texas bands have come in the past decade, if all the big players came, that above outcome is certainly possible!

Oh, Marian Catholic Schmatholic. Let's go #TeamTexas! :D