Current/Former students in drum corps

elementwrx

Just out of curiosity, how many kids from your school are planning on marching drum corps (06) or have previously marched?

At bowie, we had a lot of kids marching while ago, but we're a bit lacking today. Some of the bowie alumni include;

Brian Perez of SCV fame (00-04 tenors)

A few Cavaliers Snares (attended bowie too long ago for me to know them)

Phantom Regiment Mellophone, Trumpet, and Bass Drum

A few others in Pioneer and Revolution

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head.

In Seguin High we had 2 baritones march madison scouts since their junior year

they graduated this past year 2005, then we had a baritone march last year in blue knights but she graduated in 2004, then her boyfriend march blue coats and also played baritone but he graduated 2000, then we had a colorguard march glassmen and she graduated 2005, then we have a snare that march crossmen i think and his graduting this year. Oh when i said that they graduated, i meant out of high school, only one of them has age out in that list. I am planning to march blue knights this year i got a call back and im planning to go this month. Also we have 6 colorguards doing glassmen and all og them have gotten a callback, and finally we have one trombone thats trying out for a baritone in the cavaliers and he got a call back. thats it i think.

Very few people, perhaps 1-3 are planning on marching in a drum corps this summer, and unfortunately its just that new one here in Texas called Trinity. We MIGHT have someone make the Bluecoats contra line, but probably not... My optimism about our band has gone down quite a bit this year... last year, at least we had the excuse of being only freshmen and sophomores, but I've really lost hope for us being exceptional... the pain of mediocrity! It burns! (Being a "founding member" of a school is freaking overrated.)

Current students

Me - Crossmen '04

snare #1 - Crossmen '04, SCV '05

Truckload - Trying out for Capital Regiment '06

Former students

snare #2 - Crossmen '04, Madison Scouts '05

snare #3 - Crossmen '04

tenor #1 - Blue Knights '04, '05

Trumpet #1 - Cavaliers '05

Trumpet #2 - Cavaliers '04 (maybe more)

Baritone #1 - Bluecoats '04, '05-dm

• 2 weeks later...

Current Students

Blue Knights-Tenor 05,06

SCV-Baritone 05,06

Crown- maybe 3 Baritones 06

Bluecoats-Contra 04, Guard 05

Glassmen-Guard 05

Graduates and Others

Cavaliers-Mello 03-present , Guard 05

Boston Crusaders-Mello 02, Baritone 02

SCV-2 Baritones-03 and 04

Bluecoats-I think about 3 trumpet and 2 Baritones

Revolution-Baritone 02

Troopers-Snare 04,05

Glassmen-Guard 04,05,06

Phantom-Guard 03-Present

Directors

Cadets-96 to 98 Baritone

SCV-98 Baritone

Cavaliers-98 Pit, 96 Guard (I think)

High School Techs

Cavaliers-Baritone, Cavaliers

SCV-Baritone

ex-Tech:Bluecoats 05 and Phantom 04 Guard

And people wonder why our Baritone section is very good. Next year I will hopefully have the money to go to California to tour with BD.

• 3 weeks later...
Very few people, perhaps 1-3 are planning on marching in a drum corps this summer, and unfortunately its just that new one here in Texas called Trinity.

Wow...that is quite possibly one of the rudest comments I have ever read on a message board. Who are you to demean the efforts of those kids in Trinity? It takes big brass ones to do what they are doing....especially when they are such a small group. I had the honor of performing at the same venue with them last year in San Antonio for the TX Drum Corps Preview and I really admired the effort they put out. I also had the honor of watching them perform in Wichita Falls last year and it takes a lot of gut to go out on that field and perform when there is no room to hide in the line. When you only have 1 horn on each part there is no room for plugs.

By the way....where are you marching this summer?

Its cool....I am glad to see that you found them to be a good place to be. I was really impressed with what they did last year considering their size and all. I look forward to hearing you guys at the TX Drum Corps Preview show in Austin on June 24th.

And for those of you who dont know what that is.....check out this site. Should be a great time.....I know it was last year.

• 4 months later...

Here at Bush High, we have two of our top trumpets marching Revolution. I've been to some of the camps, but parents said no no due to the money thing and time.

Oh well. But make sure to check them out if you're in the Houston area in The exSIGHTment of SOUND on July 20.

Here at Bush High, we have two of our top trumpets marching Revolution. I've been to some of the camps, but parents said no no due to the money thing and time.

Oh well. But make sure to check them out if you're in the Houston area in The exSIGHTment of SOUND on July 20.

If you really want to get some corps exposure and not spend big bucks marching with a junior corps you should come check out Gulf Coast Sound. We actually need another soprano/trumpet player and a few more percussionists for our front ensemble for this year but would love to have you onboard next year. Its a great, inexpensive way to get involved in drum corps on a local level. And who knows....after a year or two of experience on the DCA level you could make that jump to DCI before you hit your age-out year and be that much more experienced.

I am an old trombone guy from high school myself. Never touched a baritone until last March when I joined Gulf Coast. And that was after about 14 years of not even playing an instrument since I graduated in 1991.

Check out our website for details. Also, dont forget our DCA show this summer. Eight days after ExSightment of Sound at St. Pius X High School, Gulf Coast Drum Corps Associates are proud to bring you "Brass on the Bayou." Featuring DCA corps from Houston and Dallas, TX and Orlando, FL as well as exhibition performances from Trinity and the local Shriners. You can buy tickets online at www.brassonthebayou.org or visit www.gulfcoastsound.org for complete details.