2017 5A State Predictions

I feel like Richland will be great this year. I saw their performance at HEB, and I must admit it was quite good. I feel like Wakeland will have a good showing this year, but I have no idea. Just to let yall know, I am a Wakeland kid, so I might be a bit biased there. So far, our band seems to be better than previous years, especially from last year. I will admit last year was sort of a train wreck, but that was mostly due to our challenging program, which wasn't really designed well for our band. Even with that, our new staff did a great job handling it. 

• 4 months later...

I can't believe no one has Georgetown advancing to state. As a member, I am biased toward them. However, we just came off a third place finish at the Vista Ridge Marching Festival and got 4th at the Texas Marching Classic. I'm not saying we are going to set the world on fire and edge out an amazing group like Cedar Park, but I do feel like we deserve to be in the discussion.

I can't believe no one has Georgetown advancing to state. As a member, I am biased toward them. However, we just came off a third place finish at the Vista Ridge Marching Festival and got 4th at the Texas Marching Classic. I'm not saying we are going to set the world on fire and edge out an amazing group like Cedar Park, but I do feel like we deserve to be in the discussion.

Usually the real discussion starts when the Region contests are over and Area starts up.

And don't take our conversation here so seriously! We're random people on the internet. If you want feedback that's more meaningful, ask a band parent that's been around for a while. Or ask your band director (but not every day).

:)

Usually the real discussion starts when the Region contests are over and Area starts up.

And don't take our conversation here so seriously! We're random people on the internet. If you want feedback that's more meaningful, ask a band parent that's been around for a while. Or ask your band director (but not every day).

:)

Sorry if I came off a bit intense! From what I can tell I like most people on this forum are very passionate about band.

And yes, I talk to my director about the state program all of the time. I decided to check txbands out because I wanted to hear some outside opinions. I would love to hear what anyone has to say.

Its difficult to get a gauge on bands such as Georgetown since we don't get to see or hear them. But we need more folks like yourself that knows about the program and give feedback and info to have discussion. We are all passionate about our "Band Program" but that's why we are on this forum because it is a passion for us. Say what you want but as Anthony V says don't take it seriously. As a former band parent and current Booster member I love talking, watching and supporting my band program. Hopefully Georgetown makes it past Area and get to watch them in action.

Was literally just thinking about this after the TMC results came out.  They're definitely having a breakout year after a nearly decade-long slump.  I am a Georgetown alum who was apart of the band the last time they went to State in 2000 (though....I personally didn't get to go)....It would be very cool to see them go again :).

Sorry if I came off a bit intense! From what I can tell I like most people on this forum are very passionate about band.

And yes, I talk to my director about the state program all of the time. I decided to check txbands out because I wanted to hear some outside opinions. I would love to hear what anyone has to say.

After seeing Georgetown on Saturday, I could most definitely see them in state finals this year! The overall improvement in the band and color guard was quite remarkable. I've been watching Georgetown since 2012, and this is the first time that I can say that they really look impressive and ready to compete on a higher level. Go Eagle band!

Sorry if I came off a bit intense! From what I can tell I like most people on this forum are very passionate about band.

And yes, I talk to my director about the state program all of the time. I decided to check txbands out because I wanted to hear some outside opinions. I would love to hear what anyone has to say.

No worries! We get you. And glad to have you here.