5:00 - Jack C. Hays

5:15 - McNeil

5:30 - Westlake

5:45 - Prelim Awards

7:00 - Vista Ridge (Exhibition)

7:30 - Finals Band #1

10:00 - Finals Band #10

10:20 - Drum Major Retreat & Awards

This is Westlake's to lose. Westwood won't be too far behind, I imagine.

Depending on what the prelims scores were for tonight's competition, it could be a toss up between Westlake and Westwood for 1st place, although my safe pick here is Westlake, since they always seem to do really well at this competition. But who knows! Anything can happen.

So close...just impossible to predict.  We're hoping that we(Westwood) get the 4th movement in, Westwood's show really lacks without the ending. Looking forward to it, Westlake's show is ALWAYS fun! No matter what should be a nice day, and don't discount any of the other bands, it's Music and the judgement is subjective!  I didn't get a chance to see Westlake's show in the morning, so looking forward to it!

Funny thing....both Westlake and Westwood's show has Mackey's Kingfishers Catch Fire in it.  Going to be fun to compare!

So close...just impossible to predict.  We're hoping that we(Westwood) get the 4th movement in, Westwood's show really lacks without the ending. Looking forward to it, Westlake's show is ALWAYS fun! No matter what should be a nice day, and don't discount any of the other bands, it's Music and the judgement is subjective!  I didn't get a chance to see Westlake's show in the morning, so looking forward to it!

Funny thing....both Westlake and Westwood's show has Mackey's Kingfishers Catch Fire in it.  Going to be fun to compare!

I don't know if we (Westlake) are planning on adding in our last movement but either way our plan is a far better product than Austin. I believe our director said "I'm okay with the quality of the performance we put out today, but I would not be okay if we put out that quality of performance ever again". All about the upward trajectory!

Speaking of an upward trajectory, we got to see y'all's golf show last year and it was a lot of fun. I don't doubt at all that Westwood won't keep on getting better and I'm excited to see the show that you guys are putting on the field on Saturday. That's especially funny that we both have Kingfishers in our stuff. Seems like Mackey's music comes up everywhere.

Best of luck and may the best west win.

I like that, may the best West win! 

Don't know if you remember, but in the past the announcer would get Westlake and Westwood mixed up.  May be apocryphal, but the story at Westwood is that at one UIL, they announced Westwood, then realized the mistake and corrected to Westlake.  Had some disappointed kids that night!

Thanks for the kinds words, see you Saturday!

I like that, may the best West win!

Don't know if you remember, but in the past the announcer would get Westlake and Westwood mixed up. May be apocryphal, but the story at Westwood is that at one UIL, they announced Westwood, then realized the mistake and corrected to Westlake. Had some disappointed kids that night!

Thanks for the kinds words, see you Saturday!

Yeah, I know there's been a history of that. Last year, Westlake was coming off not making BoA Austin finals and Area was our first chance to redeem ourselves. Westwood was one of the first bands announced as getting into finals and pretty much all of us thought they were saying Westlake. Then they announced us last. That was a tense couple of minutes.

Don't know if you remember, but in the past the announcer would get Westlake and Westwood mixed up.  May be apocryphal, but the story at Westwood is that at one UIL, they announced Westwood, then realized the mistake and corrected to Westlake.  Had some disappointed kids that night!

That definitely happened at Area D Prelims in 2006. This was the year before I was in high school, but my older friends all said you could cut the tension in the stadium with a butter knife.