Texas Marching Classic Schedule

Anyone have new predictions after Austin and Conroe?

I definitely expect Reagan to be in the top 3 after Conroe, they were in my top 5 before, but now I could see them beating out LISD bands and maybe Bowie. As for Bowie, despite their placement at Austin, I still think they'll do well. The difficulty of their show is much higher than it has been in years previous, and their musical package is killer. I'm most interested to see how the battle of the LISD bands plays out over the season.

My top 5 is still Reagan, Bowie, Leander, Cedar Park, and Vandergrift. As for the order, I have no darn idea.

I am so excited for Ronald Reagan! I came to follow them since their show 3 years ago at Grand Nats! They are amazing! As for Bowie's music and drill, I heard that too about it being the hardest in recent years. That being said, when it is finished it will be interesting to see the scores. They have a phenomenal program. What a year for Texas bands!

McNeil...incredibly hard show musically, no drumline marching and ensemble coordination issues.  I REALLY love their show, they're just having trouble keeping it together. Love the concept and the marching.  Just having ensemble issues between the front line and the marching ensemble.  Boy are they working hard....just a great challenging show.  It's coming together, the contrast between Vista Ridge Festival and last Thursday was pretty dramatic! They really have some great musicians in that band!

Ahhh... so it's a dance team AND a color guard. That explains so, so much to me! I watched a video of Reagan's finals performance from Conroe earlier today. It was very close up, so I could see the "guard" performing, and I was thinking, "Gosh, their movement is really advanced and well-done for a color guard in their scholastic class!" Well, now I know why!

1st - Ronald Reagan - 86.15
2nd - James Bowie - 85.23
3rd - Leander - 85.05
4th - Cedar Park - 82.98
5th - Vandegrift - 80.73
6th - Vista Ridge - 79.25
7th - Friendswood - 76.53
8th - Lake Travis - 73.05
9th - McNeil - 72.55
10th - Georgetown - 70.5 

Music - Ronald Reagan 
Visual - Ronald Reagan 
General Effect - James Bowie
Color Guard - James Bowie
Percussion - Vandegrift

From the live blog.  Wow, Reagan's for real this year.  

Cedar Park was a solid 3rd in prelims.  There was shock and disbelief and an audible audience response when they were announced 4th in finals.  I haven't experienced that kind of response before.  Their music performance has carried them this year, but during finals something was amiss.

Reagan and Bowie have these wonderful melodic shows that make you feel good.  Leander's show is very different; a little avant-garde.  They have finished first and third in their two contests so far without winning any captions, basically scoring second or third across the board.  I'm not sure that their musical selections, no matter how well played, will put them at the top of the music categories.

Cedar Park was a solid 3rd in prelims. There was shock and disbelief and an audible audience response when they were announced 4th in finals. I haven't experienced that kind of response before. Their music performance has carried them this year, but during finals something was amiss.

Reagan and Bowie have these wonderful melodic shows that make you feel good. Leander's show is very different; a little avant-garde. They have finished first and third in their two contests so far without winning any captions, basically scoring second or third across the board. I'm not sure that their musical selections, no matter how well played, will put them at the top of the music categories.

I agree that Leander's show is out there but to me it's one of the most artistical show's of the year. If are you saying you don't think Leander can medal at San Antonio I disagree with you completely.