BOA Denton - 10/4

Quite an exciting competition. What does everybody think?

9:00 a.m. - Liberty H.S., TX
9:15 a.m. - Azle H.S., TX
9:30 a.m. - Lewisville H.S., TX
9:45 a.m. - Aledo H.S., TX
10:00 a.m. - Keller H.S., TX
10:15 a.m. - Birdville H.S., TX
10:30 a.m. - Legacy H.S., TX
10:45 a.m. - Byron Nelson H.S., TX
LUNCH
11:45 a.m. - John H. Guyer H.S., TX
12:00 p.m. - Keller Central H.S., TX
12:15 p.m. - Richland H.S., TX
12:30 p.m. - Flower Mound H.S., TX
12:45 p.m. - Lake Highlands H.S., TX
1:00 p.m. - Marcus H.S., TX
1:15 p.m. - James Martin H.S., TX
1:30 p.m. - Wakeland H.S., TX
BREAK
2:15 p.m. - Mansfield H.S., TX
2:30 p.m. - Haltom H.S., TX
2:45 p.m. - Waxahachie H.S., TX
3:00 p.m. - Centennial H.S., TX
3:15 p.m. - L.V. Berkner H.S., TX
3:30 p.m. - L.D. Bell H.S., TX
3:45 p.m. - Coppell H.S., TX
4:00 p.m. - Hebron H.S., TX
4:15 p.m. - Preliminary Competition Ends; Exhibition: University of North Texas Marching Band
4:30 p.m. - PRESENTATION OF AWARDS

6:30 p.m. - GATES OPEN for Finals
7:00 p.m. - National Anthem
7:15 p.m. - Finals Competition Begins

BOA Denton 2012 was like state with rain.

Erm, Not exactly since it there was no other bands from other parts of texas and the State Marching Contest is in the Enclosed Alamodome while BOA denton is at a stadium with nothing enclosing above

Erm, Not exactly since it there was no other bands from other parts of texas and the State Marching Contest is in the Enclosed Alamodome while BOA denton is at a stadium with nothing enclosing above

I was intending you'd interpret my statement as, "the competition was extremely good and the rain was an added challenge." But CTJ and Reagan traveled pretty far for a regional. But eh, whatevs.

The Texas State Marching Contest was held in Waco, TX in the Baylor Stadium until 2003, if I remember correctly.  In 2002 it poured rain all day long damaging a number of instruments and causing quite the ruckus.  They ended up cancelling finals and it was decided after that to move finals into a dome.

So his analogy is apt.

The Texas State Marching Contest was held in Waco, TX in the Baylor Stadium until 2003, if I remember correctly.  In 2002 it poured rain all day long damaging a number of instruments and causing quite the ruckus.  They ended up cancelling finals and it was decided after that to move finals into a dome.

So his analogy is apt.

I did not knew that! Thank you for correcting me :3

It will be a battle. Hebron will be tough. They will place high just not sure how high. Marcus sounds great as usual. Bell may or may not need more time.

I think we will see some surprises at this regional. Coppell, Haltom, Berkner, Wakeland, Richland and Flower Mound may make some noise there. I am looking forward to seeing all of these bands compete for the first time this year. The other bands I don't know very well.

I am looking forward to seeing it.

Good luck to all of the bands competing next week!!!!!!

It will be a battle. Hebron will be tough. They will place high just not sure how high. Marcus sounds great as usual. Bell may or may not need more time.

I think we will see some surprises at this regional. Coppell, Haltom, Berkner, Wakeland, Richland and Flower Mound may make some noise there. I am looking forward to seeing all of these bands compete for the first time this year. The other bands I don't know very well.

I am looking forward to seeing it.

Good luck to all of the bands competing next week!!!!!!

Cannot wait to see Hebron. I loved their show last year. Marcus is always a class act and am interested in seeing what they bring, as well. Heck...I can't wait to see as many of them as I can!!! What a fun competition! Bring on the bands...and can I just mention how much I love the crowds at competitions? It's band fever! woo

I'm not quite sure how Marcus will do because their show this year is heavily created for a UIl State competition. I would expect them to do very well at state, but probably not as well as at a BOA even this year.

I also am kindof feeling a suprise winner like flower mound or a band of that stage. Anyone know what flower mounds show is?

I'm not quite sure how Marcus will do because their show this year is heavily created for a UIl State competition. I would expect them to do very well at state, but probably not as well as at a BOA even this year.

Let me say that Marcus had a show designed to be extremely successful at UIL in 2006, 08, 10 and 12, and at state they were successful wining four straight state championships. Those same years at BOA San Antonio they came in 3rd in 2006, 2nd in 2008 and won the regional championship in 2010 and 2012 sweeping all captions. In 2012 winning by around 3 points. Marcus knows how to design a show to win UIL and BOA arguably better than any other band in class 5a, now 6a, over the last 8 years, with the only exception being LD Bell. Never count out Marcus on a state year in either BOA or UIL.

Heck I wouldn't count Marcus out of anything music related. State year or not. I think they are a big reason why Texas bands are so great. They have all wanted to beat Marcus for the past decade. And to beat Marcus.....well let's just say you can't rely on luck.

Looking forward to seeing their whole show on Saturday.