BOA SR SA!!!

OK, so I just posted my predictions for SA SR.

Looks like a toughie ESPECIALLY to predict for

there are a BUNCH of bands Im not very familliar with

heres my take:

there are 4 or so "powerhouse" bands that will probably fit at least in the top half for finals, they are (in my prediction-ish order)

Ronald Regan

Winston Churchill

SFA (I would put LD Bell here but theyre not going ... bah)

The Woodlands

Then there are the in between bands, either on their way to becoming powerhouses, fallling from grace, or just have a particularly good season

(in not much of an order)

Brazoswood

Richland (which Im pretty sure I completely forgot on the predictions)

Cedar Park

Westfield

Spring

Marcus

James Bowie

Owasso (they went last year)

i know Im forgetting some others

Hebron, Haltom

CyFalls

will Langham Creek be there?

and then theres the bands who've got a fair shot at making finals:

Westlake

Leander

is Hendrickson coming?

Clear Lake

The Colony

Clements

ok thats it, Im done for the night

I do not mean to offend people by my "categories" just how I view different band's chances at certains placements.

whats everyone else takes on the comp?

I think it is VERY hard to maneuver around in those top 5 slots. The next 7 or so are a COMPLETE toss-up, and the bottom couple are real wild cards

I DEF think this will be a very interesing competition. Last years placements for refernce (are, I believe)

Ronald Reagan

Winston Churchill

Owasso

Cedar Park

Haltom (sorry if I confused it with Hebron)

Westfield

James Bowie

8th

9th

Spring

Westlake?

Clear Brook (I believe)

sorry I forgot some of them

92.90 - Ronald Reagan H.S., TX

91.50 - Winston Churchill H.S., TX

89.65 - Owasso H.S., OK

87.95 - Cedar Park H.S., TX

87.90 - Haltom H.S., TX

87.00 - Westfield H.S., TX

86.90 - Richland H.S., TX

85.75 - James Bowie H.S., TX

83.80 - Creekview H.S., TX

83.45 - Spring H.S., TX

83.35 - Westlake H.S., TX

83.25 - Marcus H.S., TX

80.50 - Lake Highlands H.S., TX

78.00 - Hebron H.S., TX

Last year's results for reference

I would consider Richland and Marcus in favor of placing in high finals.

And if you're going to include Hebron as a potential finalist, would it not also be appropriate to consider Judson, Colleyville Heritage, Coppell, and Newman Smith? I'm sure all are working just as hard as Hebron after Arlington, and all have just as much to clean.

Alright, then let's get this back on topic.

This regional is quite the tough one, and it's just as hard as Arlington.

In terms of finalists, here's who I think is in for sure (alpha order):

Brazoswood

Cypress Falls

James Bowie

Marcus

Richland

Ronald Reagan

Stephen F. Austin

The Woodlands

Westfield

Winston Churchill

Thank goodness this is a super regional, that's just 10 bands....Here are my bubble bands, and these are the ones that could be in or out.

Cedar Park

Clear Brook

Coppell

Creekview

Haltom

Klein

Spring (haven't seen anything from them yet, this can DEFINITELY change)

Westlake

But IMO, this is what I see happening saturday night:

1-6:

James Bowie

Marcus

Richland

Ronald Reagan

Stephen F. Austin

Winston Churchill

7-10:

Brazoswood

Cypress Falls

The Woodlands

Westfield

11-14:

Cedar Park

Clear Brook

Haltom

Spring

Music is up between Brazoswood, SFA

Visual will probably be Reagan

General Effect will probably be Reagan

EDIT: Let me say that I am pretty sure I am wrong about these captions. Also, I'm quite sure that we will have some very interesting suprises at this regional, both in terms of caption winners, and placements. It's going to be a sweet final show for me :)

Oh wow...Marcus and Westlake drew some really early performance slots Saturday morning. That could hurt Westlake in the running for finals, but I don't see it getting Marcus out of finals.

Aside from that, most of the strong bands seem to be spread out, with the exception of the final block on Friday night, with Chuchill performing right after SFA, and then James Bowie and Cypress Falls performing later in that same block.

It's gonna be one heck of a show!

EDIT: I just noticed something...why doesn't Spring have any info listed?

But IMO, this is what I see happening saturday night:

1-6:

James Bowie

Marcus

Richland

Ronald Reagan

Stephen F. Austin

Winston Churchill

7-10:

Brazoswood

Cypress Falls

The Woodlands

Westfield

11-14:

Cedar Park

Clear Brook

Haltom

Spring

Thank god this is your own opinion. Im not dissing your post but, 1)Marcus and Richland peaked at Arlington, 2) I've watched Cedar Park, and they are not definitely not a bubble band, let alone 11-14 material. If you remember correctly they were 4th at San Antonio Super Regional and 2nd at UIL state last year, and 3) Brazoswood will not win music.

My opinion:

1-3:Winston Churchill, Ronald Reagan, Cedar Park

4-6:SFA, Bowie, Brazoswood

7-9:Richland, Marcus, Cy-Falls

10-12:Woodlands, Westfield, Spring

13-14:Haltom, The Colony

If you remember correctly they were 4th at San Antonio Super Regional and 2nd at UIL state last year, and 3) Brazoswood will not win music.

But, if you remember correctly...

That was last year.

This year is this year.

Cedar Park placed sixth at the BOA Houston Regional.

And, Brazoswood won Outstanding Music at the BOA Arlington Regional.

That was last year.

This year is this year.

agreed. you cannot base judgements on the previous year(s).

Harlingen South is doing it.

I want to see that show. It sounds pretty interesting.

i am not a huge fan of layers or new rythmics so i dont think that their show is on my list of top shows i am eager to see. but yes, i agree, it should be interesting to see how they incorperate 4:33 in there...

Thank god this is your own opinion. Im not dissing your post but, 1)Marcus and Richland peaked at Arlington, 2) I've watched Cedar Park, and they are not definitely not a bubble band, let alone 11-14 material. If you remember correctly they were 4th at San Antonio Super Regional and 2nd at UIL state last year, and 3) Brazoswood will not win music.

My opinion:

1-3:Winston Churchill, Ronald Reagan, Cedar Park

4-6:SFA, Bowie, Brazoswood

7-9:Richland, Marcus, Cy-Falls

10-12:Woodlands, Westfield, Spring

13-14:Haltom, The Colony

I will admit, I haven't seen any other bands except Churchill, CP, Bowie, Cy-Falls (although from a terrible angle), and Westlake.

You really can't base judgement on a band's performance on previous years. Cedar Park did get a new director this year, and that has affected them to a certain degree. They definitely aren't the Cedar Park of last year.

I won't argue that Richland and Marcus have peaked, becuase I haven't seen their shows, but I can definitely agree, that some bands that all of a sudden shoot up into the top tier early on in the season, did peak that early. I'm not so sure about Richland, since I'm sure their show was designed to peak at Nats, and they have some incredible staff working there, but I could assume that about Marcus.

As for The Colony being in finals...that probably won't happen over some of the other bands that are there. seeing as at BOA Houston, they were behind Klein and Clear Brook. Not to say they can't make a comeback, but I really don't think they have yet from their glory days of the 90s.

That was last year.

This year is this year.

agreed. you cannot base judgements on the previous year(s).

If you remember correctly, then you'll remember Cedar Park recieved fifth last year at BOA Houston. Also, Brazoswood did not win Outstanding Music at the BOA Houston Regional, Winston Churchill did.

I won't argue that Richland and Marcus have peaked, becuase I haven't seen their shows, but I can definitely agree, that some bands that all of a sudden shoot up into the top tier early on in the season, did peak that early. I'm not so sure about Richland, since I'm sure their show was designed to peak at Nats, and they have some incredible staff working there, but I could assume that about Marcus.

Richland hasn't peaked yet by far. Yes, they were at a point very early on where most bands would have peaked, but Mr. Watson keeps changing their show every week, making it harder and harder. Having won GN before, Mr. Watson knows how to play the game. We won't know what the final show looks like until GN.

Marcus still hadn't put their full closer on the field at BOA Arlington. They will be adding approximately another full minute of beautiful technical Resphighi to the show for BOA SA. At this point, I don't think that they can go anywhere except up.

If you remember correctly, then you'll remember Cedar Park recieved fifth last year at BOA Houston. Also, Brazoswood did not win Outstanding Music at the BOA Houston Regional, Winston Churchill did.

Dude, re-read my post again. I was talking about this year's Regionals, not last year.

Cedar Park was sixth in Houston.

Brazoswood won Music at an extremely stacked Arlington.

DUDE, This would be a very stacked regular regional:

Winston Churchill

Ronald Reagan

Cedar Park

Owasso

James Bowie

SFA

Brazoswood

L.D Bell

Westfield

Spring

Brazoswood, like I said, will not win music because some bands attending will have not peaked until Finals or at Nats (Brazoswood most definitely has). The reason I used Cedar Park as example is because they are known to peak very late in the season. So was Westfield during the Gieger years.

Marcus hasn't topped out yet. It's impossible to top out when you don't even have half the closer on the field.

The top three, no order:

Ronald Reagan

Stephen F. Austin

Winston Churchill

Stephen F. Austin is just way too good to be out of the top three. They still march and play the snot out of their music. They got killed in General Effect at Houston but if they've made changes to the show since then, it won't be a problem.

DUDE, This would be a very stacked regular regional:

Winston Churchill

Ronald Reagan

Cedar Park

Owasso

James Bowie

SFA

Brazoswood

L.D Bell

Westfield

Spring

Brazoswood, like I said, will not win music because some bands attending will have not peaked until Finals or at Nats (Brazoswood most definitely has). The reason I used Cedar Park as example is because they are known to peak very late in the season. So was Westfield during the Gieger years.

Yeah, that lineup looks great. But that didn't happen. You still can't deny the fact that this year's Arlington Regional was one of, or if not, the hardest regular BOA Regionals of the season.

I don't think Brazoswood will win music again in San Antonio, but you have to give them credit for what they did in Arlington.