• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Area A 5A will send these:

El Paso Coronado, Keller, Keller Central, Timbercreek

Other finalists:

Americas, Bel Air, Fossil Ridge, Midland, Odessa, and Midland Lee

Yeah, that's pretty close to my guess for Area A with MAYBE Fossil Ridge sneaking in there. It will definitely be close though! I'm interested to see who gets first.

Area F is always fun because they send so many!

To State: (No order)

The Woodlands (Almost definitely first)

Spring

Brazoswood

Westfield

Clear Brook

The Woodlands College Park (I'm thinking they'll finally make it to state this year!)

I'm pretty sure they sent 6 last time, at least.

Other Finalists:

Pearland, Northshore, Dickinson, Oak Ridge

I'm really shaky on whether to include Pearland or not. They could easily knock out Clear Brook or Westfield. It's always difficult to translate BOA success to success at UIL.

Edited by mellopwn1

Spring

Brazoswood

Westfield

Clear Brook

The Woodlands College Park (I'm thinking they'll finally make it to state this year!)

Other Finalists:

I'm really shaky on whether to include Pearland or not. They could easily knock out Clear Brook or Westfield. It's always difficult to translate BOA success to success at UIL.

I totally agree. Woodlands CP has definitely been one to look out for this season!

Area E: Cypress Falls, Cy-Fair, Clements, and Langham Creek, not in any particular order

Other finalists: Cy-Creek, Seven Lakes, Cinco Ranch, Cy-Woods, Cy-Ridge, and Morton Ranch, again not in any particular order

After Lone Star Preview, you have to include Morton Ranch. Maybe they would knock out Cy-Falls?

Spring

Brazoswood

Westfield

Clear Brook

Other Finalists:

I would argue for Pearland over Westfield, but it really is a toss up.

The very top heavy Area C will likely continue its Duncanville/Coppell/Berkner/Rowlett strangle hold at the top. Rowlett actually isn't up to where I usually expect them to be by this time of year, but it's still early days and I'm sure they'll pull it together by area. I've been very impressed with what I've seen from North Mesquite so far this year. I don't know if it's going to be enough to break into the top 4 (I wouldn't be surprised by a top 4 vote or two from the marching judges...) but I think they're strong finalists with the chance of pulling off an alternate slot. Sachse is always a dark horse, but I hear they're under new leadership these days. Not sure what they're up to. Of course, if something goes wrong at region and this turns into a three spot area, things get really interesting. However, with Pearce and the Rockwall schools up in 5A, I think they'll get those 20 first division ratings.

Any isights into Area B? Is this the year that Plano East or Mansfield breaks into the Marcus/Bell/Hebron/Haltom group??

Any isights into Area B? Is this the year that Plano East or Mansfield breaks into the Marcus/Bell/Hebron/Haltom group??

Didn't get to see Plano East at PEMI. Thought they were going to have an exhibition performance, but unless I took a sudden, unexpected nap, they didn't perform. :( I was really looking forward to seeing them, too! I still remember their drenched yet awesome performance at Area B two years ago. I've heard good things about their show, though. Good luck to them. Maybe Area B will have enough participants to send five this year.

I have seen Mansfield's show. I really enjoyed it! They placed 6th at PESH, so it's difficult to say how they'll do in area. After all, everyone, including Mansfield, will be cleaner and sharper by then. I definitely wouldn't count anyone out. It's going to be another nail-biter. Can I just say I really, REALLY hope for perfect weather this year? I'm crossing my fingers and toes.

Edited by TXMarchingMadness87654

Area C could use a little bit of a shake up from what is the norm there.. Granted I don't live in Sunnyvale anymore I moved to San Antonio, but I still follow all those bands, and I know a little bit of a shake up would open up a fun discussion on here as to WHY this band didn't make it, and WHO is a "Lock" at state. But one can only dream because the top 4 at Area C have been that way for some time and I don't see it changing just yet. (But it's Fall in Texas, anything can happen)

Edited by TxRaider13

Area C could use a little bit of a shake up from what is the norm there.. Granted I don't live in Sunnyvale anymore I moved to San Antonio, but I still follow all those bands, and I know a little bit of a shake up would open up a fun discussion on here as to WHY this band didn't make it, and WHO is a "Lock" at state. But one can only dream because the top 4 at Area C have been that way for some time and I don't see it changing just yet. (But it's Fall in Texas, anything can happen)

I'm all for Region 25 getting shuffled back to Area C. Plano East would be a contender to advance and Allen, Plano, and the McKinney schools would make the race for finals slots more interesting. That was basically the Area C field back in 2000. Then again, Area B would have trouble consistently advancing four bands without them.

For Area C,

I see Duncanville, Coppell, Berkner, and N. Mesquite as the top 4. I've seen Rowlett and Sachse and feel they will not be ahead of N. Mesquite.

As for other finalists, I predict this as the order:

1 Duncanville

2 Coppell

3 Berkner

4 N Mesquite

5 Rowlett

6 Lake Highlands

7 Midlothian

8 Naaman Forest

9 Mesquite

10 Sachse

For Area C,

I see Duncanville, Coppell, Berkner, and N. Mesquite as the top 4. I've seen Rowlett and Sachse and feel they will not be ahead of N. Mesquite.

As for other finalists, I predict this as the order:

1 Duncanville

2 Coppell

3 Berkner

4 N Mesquite

5 Rowlett

6 Lake Highlands

7 Midlothian

8 Naaman Forest

9 Mesquite

10 Sachse

I would swap garland high in there somewhere, would be cool to see Jeff Jones take North mesquite to state

I've now seen pretty much the entire Area B group a few times and the Marcus and Hebron shows are strong. We should probably make the same assumtion about LDB. If I remember correctly, Hebron finished 2nd ahead of LDB at Area B in 2010 when that huge storm came through while PESH had their props and colorguard being blown all over the field.

I would say the 4th spot at Area B is the one up for grabs. Just from my personal observations, I would say it will be Haltom, Keller, Flower Mound, Richland, and maybe PESH fighting that last spot. This really is a competitive group.

What??? No area D talk yet? I would start that conversation, but I'm not even fully sure of who is 5A this year in Area D, so I'll let someone else start that discussion.

Here's the 5A schools in Area D. Some tough competition here!

5A Schools - Area DRegionA&M Consolidated8Belton8Bryan8Copperas Cove8Ellison High8Harker Heights8Killeen8Midway8Shoemaker8Temple8C.T. Johnson12Canyon12East Central12Judson12Lee12MacArthur12Madison12New Braunfels12Ronald Reagan12Roosevelt12Smithson Valley12Steele12Wagner12Winston Churchill12Akins18Anderson18Austin18Bowie18Del Valle18Hendrickson18Pflugerville18San Marcos18Westlake18Round Rock26Cedar Ridge26Lake Travis26McNeil26Stony Point High26Westwood26

My list didn't copy/paste well. Let's try that again . . .

Region 8 bands:

A&M Consolidated

Belton

Bryan

Copperas Cove

Ellison High

Harker Heights

Killeen

Midway

Shoemaker

Temple

Region 12 bands:

C.T. Johnson

Canyon

East Central

Judson

Lee

MacArthur

Madison

New Braunfels

Ronald Reagan

Roosevelt

Smithson Valley

Steele

Wagner

Winston Churchill

Region 18 bands:

Akins

Anderson

Austin

Bowie

Del Valle

Hendrickson

Pflugerville

San Marcos

Westlake

Region 26 bands:

Cedar Ridge

Lake Travis

McNeil

Round Rock

Stony Point High

Westwood

I've now seen pretty much the entire Area B group a few times and the Marcus and Hebron shows are strong. We should probably make the same assumtion about LDB. If I remember correctly, Hebron finished 2nd ahead of LDB at Area B in 2010 when that huge storm came through while PESH had their props and colorguard being blown all over the field.

I would say the 4th spot at Area B is the one up for grabs. Just from my personal observations, I would say it will be Haltom, Keller, Flower Mound, Richland, and maybe PESH fighting that last spot. This really is a competitive group.

Maybe I'm outta the loop, but I don't think Keller is in area B. I have a feeling they're taking 5 bands this year, though.

I see it like this:

Locks: Marcus, Hebron, Bell

Fighting for spot 4 and 5: Flower Mound, Richland, Haltom, Plano East (I see it coming out in that order)

I think the margin between Flower Mound and Bell will be really close, and Richland will be biting the heels of Flower Mound. This will be a very very interesting competition, for sure.