Chester Phillips

Jodie Rhodes

Greg Williams

Visual:

Marie Czapinski

Kyle Miller

Debbie Tully

Block of the day: 4th Block.

The first six programs of that block should easily fall within the top 15 and I wouldn't be surprised if James Bowie and Berkner were in a slap-fight for second place in Finals. This will be James Bowie's first competition since the tragic loss of Bruce Dinkins. I can't imagine what that warm-up arc is going to be like.

Question I Want Answered:

- Will Pflugerville's show be a National Semi-Finalist or potential National Finalist? We'll get our first evaluation next week.

- How are these 4A programs going to start out the season? (Aledo, Saginaw, Legacy, Wakeland)

- Can Keller Central design another good show? I was really surprised how well their program flowed last year. A cleaner product would have put them in Finals contention easily.

- How much will L.D. Bell win by? Vegas has the odds at 3 1/2 points.

The first six programs of that block should easily fall within the top 15 and I wouldn't be surprised if James Bowie and Berkner were in a slap-fight for second place in Finals. This will be James Bowie's first competition since the tragic loss of Bruce Dinkins. I can't imagine what that warm-up arc is going to be like.

- Will Pflugerville's show be a National Semi-Finalist or potential National Finalist? We'll get our first evaluation next week.

- How are these 4A programs going to start out the season? (Aledo, Saginaw, Legacy, Wakeland)

- Can Keller Central design another good show? I was really surprised how well their program flowed last year. A cleaner product would have put them in Finals contention easily.

Did Saginaw move back down to 4A?, was under the impression they were still 5A.

Edited by Drummantx

I haven't seen too much of their show, but what I have seen is that they have mirrors on the field. And imo, they're used pretty dang effectively in the opener. They're definitely in final contentions this year but with this competition its going to be a real fight to actually make it. Needless to say, I'm real excited about those last two blocks of the day--pretty much back to back potential finalists!

How awesome would it be if Bowie managed to beat out LD Bell for 1st?!

It's a POSSIBILITY...

I'd really like that. A lot. No offense to L.D. Bell, but I'd just love to see a change up.

As for Saginaw, the calender on their website has no indication of area or state contests this year, so that likely means they're 5A. I'm guessing this was figured out, but I thought I'd just throw this out there, lol.

Looking forward to being here again this year! ^_^

Edited by Mellophone77

Hypothetical Situation:

How awesome would it be if Bowie managed to beat out LD Bell for 1st?!

It's a POSSIBILITY...

I think it could be more than a possibility. It would not surprise me one bit if they made a real charge at Bell and Marcus this year. For a few reasons

1. This band has A LOT of momentum going into this year. It seems every year they get better and better.

2. The shows they put on this year will without a doubt be very emotionally charged.

3. From what I've seen, they have the package to carry them this year.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit

I think it could be more than a possibility. It would not surprise me one bit if they made a real charge at Bell and Marcus this year. For a few reasons

1. This band has A LOT of momentum going into this year. It seems every year they get better and better.

2. The shows they put on this year will without a doubt be very emotionally charged.

3. From what I've seen, they have the package to carry them this year.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit

The question is whether they can pull it off this early in the season, really.

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of these DFW area programs live for the first time. Berkner, Hebron.....even L.D. Bell. It's practically a travesty I have yet to see Bell live after admiring their shows since 2006 when I saw my first recording of them.

Berkner, Bowie and Bell. I honestly think any of these programs could win this.....And then there's SFA, the quintessential defending champion ('07, '09 and '10). SFA's got their work cut out for them this year though. And who knows what Vandegrift's going to pull off this year after placing 2nd last year with ZERO 12th graders.

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of these DFW area programs live for the first time. Berkner, Hebron.....even L.D. Bell. It's practically a travesty I have yet to see Bell live after admiring their shows since 2006 when I saw my first recording of them.

Berkner, Bowie and Bell. I honestly think any of these programs could win this.....And then there's SFA, the quintessential defending champion ('07, '09 and '10). SFA's got their work cut out for them this year though. And who knows what Vandegrift's going to pull off this year after placing 2nd last year with ZERO 12th graders.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. There is no substitute for seeing these performances in person! I love having years of performances on DVD, but I don't get the chills down my spine like I do when in front of the real deal.

Enjoy!

--PBD

Vandegrift placed 3rd. :P

And my friend at SFA is talking up a storm about their show....it's supposedly great. We'll see October 8th, I suppose.

Edited by mellopwn1

Oooookay Takigan, I think you need to lay off the....--whatever you're on.

I totally just posted commentary on a nonexistant contest that mixes BOA Arlington and Houston. No idea how that happened, though it probably had something to do with organizing the names and finals bubbles in the same notepad file.

Just thought I'd let you know Legacy has been 5A as of last year.