Cooper 4:30

Central 4:45

Richland Exhibiton 5:00

Director Meeting 5:15

Award Ceremony 5:30

ALL bands will march finals

If anyone was interested....

Edited by trumpetplayah

actually hebron won the visual caption over marcus last year at birdville so it could happen again

Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. I thought Hebron would be more on the verge of taking the music caption -- as long as they can transfer that honor band sound onto the field. I'll have to re-watch some of their previous shows.

Personally, I think it is quite silly to make predictions based on previous years. Each band starts on a level playing field...and with Hebron going to Midwest and taking 5A Honor Band, they clearly have some good things going on there...I wouldn't count them out in the visual dept. either...sounds like they have a very "complete package" this year. We shall see. I wish them both the best as they are both fantastic band programs.

I've seen Wakeland's show...I don't mean to disrespect anyone, especially a fine ensemble such as Wakeland...but for being a blatant rip-off of another very familiar show, it leaves a lot to be desired. I know they will pull it together though.

Yeah the Cadets show or the Kennesaw Mtn show. To be honest I'm not a huge fan of this show, but whatever I agree they should be able to put it together.

Finals Results:

1. Marcus

2. Hebron

3. Legacy

4. Wakeland

5. Summit

6. Saginaw

7. Keller Central

8. Byron Nelson

9. Holliday

10. Cisco

Note: Cooper and Carroll chose not to perform in finals

All finals captions went to Marcus

5A Prelims:

1. Marcus

2. Hebron

3. Legacy

4. Saginaw

5. Carroll

4A Prelims:

1. Wakeland

2. Summit

3. Byron Nelson

2A Prelims:

1. Holliday

2. Cisco

Best Drum Major Salute: Cisco...Legendary!

Edited by drummerdad

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Honor Band competition won with Hebron's ensemble from last year also? Though I agree, each year their shows have been getting better and better! I'm really looking forward to seeing their show in about a week :D

Actually, no. This is Hebron's first time as Honor Band, as well as their first time going to Midwest with the top ensemble. However, the year before, we had our Clarinet Choir go to Midwest. That was 2009, I believe.

What I think he meant by saying that is that last year's Hebron won Honor Band, not this years. Those seniors have graduated, and others may have quit, and he was saying that maybe they wouldn't sound as good as last year because Hebron might not have the same strong players. At least that's what I got out of it.

Actually, no. This is Hebron's first time as Honor Band, as well as their first time going to Midwest with the top ensemble. However, the year before, we had our Clarinet Choir go to Midwest. That was 2009, I believe.
Edited by mellopwn1

What I think he meant by saying that is that last year's Hebron won Honor Band, not this years. Those seniors have graduated, and others may have quit, and he was saying that maybe they wouldn't sound as good as last year because Hebron might not have the same strong players. At least that's what I got out of it.

Uhh, you got the point: people have graduated and moved on. I wasn't meaning to imply that I thought they may get worse musically, just not the full ensemble that won Honor Band may not be marching this year. But I love Hebron's show this year! I saw it three times in a 24 hour span and I still love it :P

Edited by Mellophone77

I watched all of the finals bands live from the press box (I was a portal monitor) and here's what I thought (from what bands I remembered):

Marcus -

Visually astounding, and musically pleasing, Marcus put on a wonderful performance! Their genius effects got the whole crowd going when the guard put their custom weapons together and showed the audience that they were actually 2 halves of a light bulb!

Musically speaking, the brass consistently put out a dark and warm sound that flowed over the entire stadium like satin. The woodwinds amplified the effect and added to the warm and glorious tones. Favorite music and visual performance of the night by far.

Hebron -

This band had an extraordinary sound overall. Lots of good and centered tone. The tree props really helped solidify the theme of the show. Visually, they have a LOT to clean though. From an individual standpoint, there were missed step outs everywhere. From an ensemble standpoint, they were a solid 2nd (in my opinion).

Legacy -

I remember seeing them before finals (as I was waiting to take the field with my band) at BOA Arlington. I swear they changed the name of their show, but I could possibly be wrong. Titled "The Legacy Tree", this band has a great sound that I've never heard from them before. Like Hebron, though, they had a lot of visual errors. Again, awesome music selection, and awesome performance.

Wakeland -

Wakeland put out a lot of energy that night, and it showed in their performance. The first hit was really impressive, and they kept it going. Their props were actually band uniform racks lining the back side line and both goal lines and held their uniforms until the closer. Luckily, they had their entire show out, and so it made sense with the props. In the closer they had another massive hit (this time they were in uniform) and they got a standing ovation before the show was even over! Great performance. The performers really reached out and connected to the audience.

Keller Central -

Wow. What an amazing performance! I loved every aspect of the show! Pure genius! The horn soli in the beginning was absolutely breathtaking, and the repetition of the main theme was completely amazing. The ballad definitely the highlight of the show though. The brass was warm and beautiful through the whole section. Unfortunately, they only had up to the end of the ballad completed. Visually, they still have a lot to work on, and personally, I think that pulled them down a few ranks. Otherwise, I could have seen them taking 4th or even 3rd.

* Fun fact - Their head band director (Kevin McNulty) was the 3rd band director at Richland for 6 or so years before he got the position. In addition, he was my concert band director my freshman year.

I watched all of the finals bands live from the press box (I was a portal monitor) and here's what I thought (from what bands I remembered):

Marcus -

Visually astounding, and musically pleasing, Marcus put on a wonderful performance! Their genius effects got the whole crowd going when the guard put their custom weapons together and showed the audience that they were actually 2 halves of a light bulb!

Musically speaking, the brass consistently put out a dark and warm sound that flowed over the entire stadium like satin. The woodwinds amplified the effect and added to the warm and glorious tones. Favorite music and visual performance of the night by far.

Hebron -

This band had an extraordinary sound overall. Lots of good and centered tone. The tree props really helped solidify the theme of the show. Visually, they have a LOT to clean though. From an individual standpoint, there were missed step outs everywhere. From an ensemble standpoint, they were a solid 2nd (in my opinion).

Legacy -

I remember seeing them before finals (as I was waiting to take the field with my band) at BOA Arlington. I swear they changed the name of their show, but I could possibly be wrong. Titled "The Legacy Tree", this band has a great sound that I've never heard from them before. Like Hebron, though, they had a lot of visual errors. Again, awesome music selection, and awesome performance.

Wakeland -

Wakeland put out a lot of energy that night, and it showed in their performance. The first hit was really impressive, and they kept it going. Their props were actually band uniform racks lining the back side line and both goal lines and held their uniforms until the closer. Luckily, they had their entire show out, and so it made sense with the props. In the closer they had another massive hit (this time they were in uniform) and they got a standing ovation before the show was even over! Great performance. The performers really reached out and connected to the audience.

Keller Central -

Wow. What an amazing performance! I loved every aspect of the show! Pure genius! The horn soli in the beginning was absolutely breathtaking, and the repetition of the main theme was completely amazing. The ballad definitely the highlight of the show though. The brass was warm and beautiful through the whole section. Unfortunately, they only had up to the end of the ballad completed. Visually, they still have a lot to work on, and personally, I think that pulled them down a few ranks. Otherwise, I could have seen them taking 4th or even 3rd.

* Fun fact - Their head band director (Kevin McNulty) was the 3rd band director at Richland for 6 or so years before he got the position. In addition, he was my concert band director my freshman year.

Thanks for all the great summaries and talking about all these bands in such a positive light. I graduated from Wakeland a couple years ago and is still intrigued by what they put up. Although I don't particularly love this years show but they do a good job with it and I'm super proud of what they have accomplished in this short period of time. As for Marcus and Hebron those have always been two of my favorite bands to watch and I have no question its the same this year. And Legacy with all their cool electronics is really awesome too. I don't know about Central as well, only saw them once back in like 05 so doesn't really count :lol:

Uhh, you got the point: people have graduated and moved on. I wasn't meaning to imply that I thought they may get worse musically, just not the full ensemble that won Honor Band may not be marching this year. But I love Hebron's show this year! I saw it three times in a 24 hour span and I still love it :P

Ah, okay, I gotcha. But we all know Honor Band isn't generally a fluke. Hebron gets stronger every year and I definitely think they're a force to be reckoned with.

As a proud alum, I secretly hope I get to see the day where they surpass Marcus and/or Bell. ;)