Leander H.S., TX12:45

Connally H.S., TX1:15

Berkner H.S., TX1:30

Hebron H.S., TX1:45

Richland H.S., TX2:15

Marcus H.S., TX2:45

My bubble bands:

Martin H.S., TX1:00

Ronald Reagan H.S., TX2:00 (I think Reagan could very well be a finalist, but Im not sure how there going to respond in there 2nd year after the school split)

North Shore Sr. H.S., TX9:00

No particular order:

L.D. Bell H.S., TX9:30

Haltom H.S., TX10:30

Mansfield H.S., TX11:15

Coppell H.S., TX11:45

My bubble bands:

Martin H.S., TX1:00

Ronald Reagan H.S., TX2:00 (I think Reagan could very well be a finalist, but Im not sure how there going to respond in there 2nd year after the school split)

I agree but i hope North Shore makes it.

No Colleyville Heritage or Legacy? Heck even Birdville deserves a mention. After all, they did beat Hebron in marching at ToC Prelims.

let's not forget Newman Smith, sure we kinda blew it last year at BOA, but judging from our TOC exhibition (which scored quite well), and the overall improvement of show design over last year, I wouldn't say it's out of the question. Not terribly likely, but still possible.

Here's how I see it: All of the following bands are possible finalists broken down into 5 tiers (They are in no particular order within their tiers).

Tier 1

L.D. Bell H.S.

Marcus H.S.

Tier 2

Hebron H.S.

Coppell H.S.

Richland H.S.

Tier 3

Haltom H.S.

Mansfield H.S.

Berkner H.S.

Colleyville Heritage H.S.

Tier 4

Ronald Reagan H.S.

Legacy H.S.

Cypress Falls H.S.

Connally H.S.

Leander H.S.

North Shore Sr. H.S.

Tier 5

Newman Smith H.S.

Creekview H.S.

Aledo H.S.

Birdville H.S.

Martin H.S.

Fossil Ridge H.S

Did I forget anyone?

Edited by JustAddWat3r

Here's how I see it: All of the following bands are possible finalists broken down into 5 tiers (They are in no particular order within their tiers).

Tier 1

L.D. Bell H.S., TX9:30

Tier 2

Coppell H.S., TX11:45

Tier 3

Haltom H.S., TX10:30

Mansfield H.S., TX11:15

Colleyville Heritage H.S., TX3:45

Tier 4

Ronald Reagan H.S., TX2:00

Legacy H.S., TX3:15

Cypress Falls H.S., TX4:00

Tier 5

Newman Smith H.S., TX11:00

Creekview H.S., TX11:30

Aledo H.S., TX3:00

Birdville H.S., TX3:30

Did I forget anyone?

I would bump Hebron down to Tier 3 and replace with Haltom or Berkner.

Hebron's director is now the director at Reagan, right? Or am I inventing things again? I don't think this one will affect them too adversely...but I would be a little more wary with them.

And you forgot Martin and Fossil Ridge. Fossil Ridge could be a tier 4, but probably a tier 5 just due to performance time if nothing else. Martin should be a solid tier 5, as well.

I would bump Hebron down to Tier 3 and replace with Haltom or Berkner.

Hebron's director is now the director at Reagan, right? Or am I inventing things again? I don't think this one will affect them too adversely...but I would be a little more wary with them.

And you forgot Martin and Fossil Ridge. Fossil Ridge could be a tier 4, but probably a tier 5 just due to performance time if nothing else. Martin should be a solid tier 5, as well.

I agree with Martin and Fossil Ridge and i just added them in there.

However after seeing Hebron at ToC, i strongly believe they are tier 2 material.

I agree with Martin and Fossil Ridge and i just added them in there.

However after seeing Hebron at ToC, i strongly believe they are tier 2 material.

That's reasonable. I haven't seen any of these yet (and probably won't; one of the side effects of going to college in Houston, after spending 4 years in the D/FW band scene), so all I have to go by is what's been on here.

North Shore Should be in Tier 3 i think. and im not being biased.

considering North Shore hasn't ever competed at BOA or with practically any of the bands attending, I would go ahead and leave them off the list entirely since there's really no knowing where they'll place. Although, from what I do know about NS, i would say maybe you are a little biased (tier 3 is quite generous).

While i'm at it-

TIER 1-

L.D. Bell

Marcus

TIER 2-

Richland

Hebron

Haltom

TIER 3-

Berkner

Ronald Reagan

Cypress Falls

Mansfield

Coppell

TIER 4-

Conally

Legacy

Colleyville Heritage

Newman Smith

Martin

Leander

TIER 5-

Fossil Ridge

Creekview

Aledo

Birdville

considering North Shore hasn't ever competed at BOA or with practically any of the bands attending, I would go ahead and leave them off the list entirely since there's really no knowing where they'll place. Although, from what I do know about NS, i would say maybe you are a little biased (tier 3 is quite generous).

While i'm at it-

TIER 1-

L.D. Bell

Marcus

TIER 2-

Richland

Hebron

Haltom

TIER 3-

Berkner

Ronald Reagan

Cypress Falls

Mansfield

Coppell

TIER 4-

Conally

Legacy

Colleyville Heritage

Newman Smith

Martin

Leander

TIER 5-

Fossil Ridge

Creekview

Aledo

Birdville

Well your right and ur wrong. North shore has never competed in boa but they really should be in tier 3. They have earned there right. and im not really being biased. i've been studying the bands who are competing at boa and i've been comparing different competitions that they have been to. but i just think North shore is good enough to be in tier 3. but i don't know about the whole idea that they shouldn't be on there at all.

Well your right and ur wrong. North shore has never competed in boa but they really should be in tier 3. They have earned there right. and im not really being biased. i've been studying the bands who are competing at boa and i've been comparing different competitions that they have been to. but i just think North shore is good enough to be in tier 3. but i don't know about the whole idea that they shouldn't be on there at all.

Would you mind posting your own Tiers? I'm just curious to see what you think of this competition.

Let's all get something straight. If you're still in high school and you're comparing yourself to other programs, you are biased. There's not much you can do about that. Perspective is limited when you're in the organization. There is really not much you can do about it. I've experienced this as a former marcher and as an instructor.

For a program to think that they've earned something in a system that they have never competed in before is naive.

Well i'm not saying North Shore isn't in finals contention, because they are, it's just placing them in a particular tier is a difficult thing to do, but i wouldn't put them in 3, but that's just me.

Let's all get something straight. If you're still in high school and you're comparing yourself to other programs, you are biased. There's not much you can do about that. Perspective is limited when you're in the organization. There is really not much you can do about it. I've experienced this as a former marcher and as an instructor.

For a program to think that they've earned something in a system that they have never competed in before is naive.

...And if I actually marched in Crockett '93?