2009 High School Shows

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^oops forgot that they put their show theme on the website...

^yeah its kind of a thing in pflugerville to put a p in front of everything that starts with an f...

I wont give song choices away as atleast that will be saved for a suprise, but Connally has undergone some show design team changes (drill writer, color guard director, and the addition of a visual designer) that will make this show very BOA friendly and from hearing the music (as I have never seen the visual elements) I think this will be a show that could get CHS into Super Regional Finals.

Since we had a public viewing of our show, I think it's safe to post what our show is.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Fossil Ridge High School 2009 Panther Regiment presents...

Alone in the Dark

Requiem for a Dream by Clint Mansell

Edward Carnby by Olivier Deriviere

Loneliness by Olivier Deriviere

Who Am I? by Oliviere Deriviere

Wind Arrangement - Allen Joanis(?)

Percussion Arrangement - Chad Mason, Al Dunn

Drill Writer - Mike Sisco

Visual Coordinator - Wes Cartwright

Greatest movie soundtrack of all time

Maybe it's based off Shakespear's play?

Honestly, that's what I was thinking. Isn't that the play where a character's head gets turned into a donkey's head or something...? I'll have to check that up, lol. By any chance does anyone know what Bell's music is yet or is it still on the down low? xD

I looked it up. If they're following the plot of Shakespeare's romantic comedy then it'll be a really interesting show! I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by Mellophone77

Cedar Park High School's first halftime performance!

it's from a funky angle...so all the bad stuff is really exposed...and the parent who filmed it is a big fan of the A-team...

but it's got our dance set routine and then parts 1 and 2 of our show in it if you're interested in seeing.

I'd love to hear your thoughts members of txbands :)

(part 2 link in reltated vids)

((it's HALFTIME part 2, not just football game part 2))

PS

We don't actually get quiet around 8:25 or something...that's a camera thing. What happens is we actually got louder there...you have to turn up your speakers or something to get the effect because the camera volume wigged out.

Edited by euphownz

LD Bell 2009: A Prayer for Light

• The Creation, Joseph Haydn
  • Kingfishers Catch Fire, John Mackey
  • Ethiopia III, James Horner

Including original composition by Donald Hill and Bret Kuhn

OMG THANK YOU. I've been looking all over the place for this but I was never able to find it...lol. James Horner again eh? Every time I hear/see that name I think of the Remaining, lol. (and I see it often, its on our sheet music for this year, lol) ^_^

As for Cedar Park, that sounded really good for this early in the season! The camera missed most of the second movement so I can't say anything about it visually, but I think I'm gonna like Cedar Park again this year. ;)

Edit: You've got to be kidding me, right after I read what ftwdrummer posted I went to the website and it had been updated...I feel so stupid, lol.

Edited by Mellophone77