Favorite High School Marching show

Don't worry about it....the fact remains, if there is anything genuinely conspiracy-theoryish about Crockett '93 you won't find answers from anyone on this forum. Its enigma lies in the fact that it was a long time ago, there are no digital recordings of it online, and that the video company that would own any remaining videos of it is now defunct (even the original phone # for the company has been registered to a phone-sex site for the past few years now).

The ones who perpetuate this long-running joke/conspiracy are either one of the creator(s) who know the truth and have no interest in telling (ie. one of the JRIADA) and keep bringing it back for the sake of a cheap laugh, or they're one of the many who have been a victim of it, given up trying to figure out the truth for themselves and accepted that it's nothing more than a well-crafted, rootless joke and join the ranks of those who've also been under the same subjection, whether they know the truth or not.

Thus, PM'ing someone who says something along the lines of "Oh, Crockett '93.....so tragic" and asking them 'what happened?' is fruitless since it's unlikely that they even know the truth, and like many are convinced that it's nothing more than just a joke, that there's nothing groundbreaking about it and they're just using the joke for their own self-humor at the expense of unknowing forum members. This makes finding the truth that much harder, since the nature of how the joke/conspiracy is presented makes it hard to tell who knows the truth and who doesn't.

You should A. Look into shortening your posts and B. don't ruin the fun for all of us please :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'all do know that at some point, some kid's going to go off the deep end about this thing and try to kidnap Montoya at Nationals to torture answers out of him, right?

Hehe....too true. I'll bet the guy gets PMs all the time asking about it. Luckily I didn't have to go that far (message him asking about it, I mean...not kidnapping him, lol) but I admit he was a big help in pointing me in the right direction ;) .

I know the whole story and I know what JRIADA is. :P

You're quite the resourceful one. Who'd you sweet talk into explaining it to you? :P Your super-friendly personality probably didn't make that endeavor too difficult :) .

You should A. Look into shortening your posts and B. don't ruin the fun for all of us please :)

Hmm...I've personally always thought this joke to be a tad elitist, so forgive me for using my own influence to spoil the fun....try not to hate me for it ;) . But rest assured even when I finally debunk it (which should be soon, I still have a couple more sources to check), the secret's safe with me. I'm just not the type to hold it over people's heads.

I agree with part B. :]

Well at least somebody out there enjoys listening to me yabber ^_^ .

EDIT: Wow, that's alotta smilies -_- .

Edited by takigan

• 3 weeks later...

okay, here we go...

R.Reagan 2004! Synergy

Westfield 2004! Game Within'

R.Reagan 2005! You Never Know

Cypress Falls 2005! Lines

Center Grove 2005! Conspiracy Theory

L.D. Bell 2005! Ascension: Light of Gold

Center Grove 2006! Uncharted

R.Reagan 2006! Transitions

L.D. Bell 2006! The Remaining

Westfield 2006! Heart Of Solitude

W.Churchill 2006! Deception of Perception

Woodlands 2006! Hide and Seek

Broken Arrow 2007! Phantasy

R. Reagan 2007! It Chooses Me

Westfield 2007! One

Broken Arrow 2008! RUN(a)WAY

W.Churchill 2008! Symphonic Schizophrenia

L.D. Bell 2008! The Quest

Woodlands 2008! "insert name here?"

alot of them, by year, im probably skipping a few that i dont remember, i haven't seen Reagan's show this year :/

LD Bell 2000 - This was the first time I went to a 5A state marching band competition, and I was reasonably impressed by all the bands there, but this was the only band that straight-up FLOORED me that night. Never before have I seen drill so cleanly executed before. Yes, I know there was a major spill right at the end (I didn't even notice it until I bought the video at TMEA a few months later), but still, it showed me the kind of potential a marching band could have.

Kingwood 2000(?): I come from East Texas, home of many many military bands, and I've kind of resigned myself to the idea that, for the most part, you see one military band, you see them all, but there are one or two that simply stick out above the rest. This is one of them. For one, they used marches that weren't considered "the standards," like the "Victory at Sea" march by Rogers, and the opening fanfare, "Light Cavalry Overture" played and marched so precicely... that was one of those times where the bar was raised.

Lindale 2007: This is another example of a military band thinking outside the block. Rarely do you hear "Melody Shop" played with such a tightness at a high school level (well, maybe some school's wind ensembles).

Canton 2000: Vesuvius was one of my favorite pieces, but I didn't think that it could be put on the field. They proved me wrong, though, and this let me know that high quality is high quality, no matter how many A's are in your school.

This isn't ranked in any particular order, these are just marching bands that come to mind.

I think you actually mean Kingwood 1998. The year that they came in 9th at 5A State only 2 spots out of Finals. And they even took both 1st place Marching votes!

And Lindale 2007 was absolutely amazing! So absolutely and utterly crisp and you could hear every single snap.

I think you actually mean Kingwood 1998. The year that they came in 9th at 5A State only 2 spots out of Finals. And they even took both 1st place Marching votes!

And Lindale 2007 was absolutely amazing! So absolutely and utterly crisp and you could hear every single snap.

No, I have seen Kingwood's fall '98 show, and that was pretty dang good. The show I was talking about was later on after that, I think it's 2001, because it was the year they separated their freshmen as their own marching band, and the varsity band was 10-12th grade.

No, I have seen Kingwood's fall '98 show, and that was pretty dang good. The show I was talking about was later on after that, I think it's 2001, because it was the year they separated their freshmen as their own marching band, and the varsity band was 10-12th grade.

I was mistaken earlier. The Kingwood show I was thinking of were actually two shows: 2002 and 2003. Either way, when you're surrounded by military bands, hearing a band do Richard Rogers marches and "Rule Britania" is kind of a refreshing change of pace... especially when they're played well.

okay, here we go...

R.Reagan 2004! Synergy

Westfield 2004! Game Within'

R.Reagan 2005! You Never Know

Cypress Falls 2005! Lines

Center Grove 2005! Conspiracy Theory

L.D. Bell 2005! Ascension: Light of Gold

Center Grove 2006! Uncharted

R.Reagan 2006! Transitions

L.D. Bell 2006! The Remaining

Westfield 2006! Heart Of Solitude

W.Churchill 2006! Deception of Perception

Woodlands 2006! Hide and Seek

Broken Arrow 2007! Phantasy

R. Reagan 2007! It Chooses Me

Westfield 2007! One

Broken Arrow 2008! RUN(a)WAY

W.Churchill 2008! Symphonic Schizophrenia

L.D. Bell 2008! The Quest

Woodlands 2008! "insert name here?"

alot of them, by year, im probably skipping a few that i dont remember, i haven't seen Reagan's show this year :/

Woodlands 2008 is called "Rhapsody."