Stephen F. Austin HS, TX

Winston Churchill HS, TX

James Bowie HS, TX

L.D. Bell HS, TX

Marcus HS, TX

Haltom HS, TX

Hebron HS, TX

My locks(preformance order).

The usual suspects really, minus Reagan due to their performance at area. I'm sure they will be back on my locks list in a few years though.

Georgetown HS, TX

Leander HS, TX

W. Charles Akins HS, TX

Langham Creek HS, TX

Westlake HS, TX

Arlington Martin HS, TX

Colleyville Heritage HS, TX

Clear Brook HS, YX

Berkner HS, TX

The Woodlands College Park HS, TX

Fossil Ridge HS, TX

Those are my bubble bands, those in red are my umm... more likely finalists?, but they aren't locks. Again these are performance order.

Sad to see we will be missing Woodlands, Richland, Brazoswoods, Westfield etc. Should be a fantastic competition none the less, and it might be nice to see some more faces in finals.

Hey Jbone....I am HORRIBLE at predictions so I am not one to say a word...but...you have Reagan out of finals, but Leander in. They tied at Area....do you think Leander has a more "BOA" style show?

And to Connally Band...you guys rocked on Saturday....

Isnt BOA style ,more like the flashy bands and such?

And As for Reagan they have just as good for a shot as any other band,lets not forget BOA and UIL are different judging styles plus a week between UIL and BOA which is enough rehersal time to fix any problems that they had

Mmk, well let me clarify then. I have Leander down as a Bubble Band. So no, I don't have them as a lock in finals. In fact I was iffy about putting them down for a bubble band, but I rather liked their show.

Honestly, I'm not much of a believer in the whole UIL bands and BOA bands are completely different theory. While there are differences, there are just too many programs(these two included) who do well in both competitions.

Edit: Also, I'm not saying these bands are by any means bad, it's just that SA is always stacked.

Edited by JBone

Mmk, well let me clarify then. I have Leander down as a Bubble Band. So no, I don't have them as a lock in finals. In fact I was iffy about putting them down for a bubble band, but I rather liked their show.

Honestly, I'm not much of a believer in the whole UIL bands and BOA bands are completely different theory. While there are differences, there are just too many programs(these two included) who do well in both competitions.

Edit: Also, I'm not saying these bands are by any means bad, it's just that SA is always stacked.

IF that "I'm not much of a believer in the whole UIL bands and BOA bands are completely different theory" was directed at what i said (and if it wasnt then pay no heed) but i was askign because i had been told by someone at some point that BOA was more for show and UIL was more for clean marching clean playing.

My locks (no order):

LD Bell

Marcus

SFA

Hebron

CP

Berkner

Churchill

James Bowie

Clear Brook

"Possible"s:

Haltom

Harlingen

Westlake

Loveland

Ronald Reagan

Georgetown

Colleyville Heritage

Akins

Creekview

Langham Creek

Leander

Martin

Aledo

Friendswood

The contest isn't as stacked as last year, but it was hard for me to decide which "possibles" to put in the finals prediction.

I find it intresting that you put hebron as a lock but put haltom as a bubble band even though haltom beat hebron at area B competition. Is there any reason why you did that?

Keep in mind that BOA and UIL are two different circuits with completely different sets of judging criteria. I personally believe that Hebron's show is more BOA-centric than Haltom's this year, although they are both well geared for UIL.

My locks (no order):

LD Bell

Marcus

SFA

Hebron

CP

Berkner

Churchill

James Bowie

Clear Brook

"Possible"s:

Haltom

Harlingen

Westlake

Loveland

Ronald Reagan

Georgetown

Colleyville Heritage

Akins

Creekview

Langham Creek

Leander

Martin

Aledo

Friendswood

The contest isn't as stacked as last year, but it was hard for me to decide which "possibles" to put in the finals prediction.

How bout you throw some Fossil Ridge in there...1st at area prelims and 3rd at finals.

^*cough* different scoring systems, different competitors *cough*

I hate to say it, but I agree that Reagan wil not be in Finals this time around. Their show is visually and musically dirtier than in the past (see Area D results) and after seeing their show, this is the first year where I am not amazed at their show, it does not have anything special in the GE department, and at BOA SA it is too tough to make it into finals without an amzing GE package. (P.S. I am not a Reagan hater, in fact I have always been a huge Reagan fan, ever since I saw them in 2000 at BOA SA)

I really hope that Colleyville Heritage can break into the top 10. They have a really cool show concept and it is carried out well. At BOA Arlington they were just visually a little too dirty to break in the top ten, but hopefully this weekend it is clean enough for them to do amazing things.

Akins will be in finals. As long as they have a descent show they will do great, they play pretty well, visually they are very clean, and their GE package is very well put together this year. Go Akins!

(P.S. I really wish Connally would have gone to this contest, I would love to see how we would have done)

Possible "Lock" Finalists:

Marcus

Cedar Park

Winston Churchill

L.D. Bell

Hebron

Haltom

Berkner

James Bowie

Stephen F. Austin

Possible "Maybe" Finalists:

Westlake

Akins

Clear Brook

Ronald Reagan

Colleyville Heritage

Fossil Ridge

Langham Creek

Leander

Clear Lake

I think that since the compitition is not as stiff as usual because of certain bands not going (Brazoswood, The Woodlands, Richland, etc.) I believe bands that would normally not make finals have a good chance to finally break the top 14 for insctance creekview has not been to a BOA SA finals since I have gone here (im a junior) and I think this is the best chance i have had to do so.

Ill be there from 4ish to the end on Friday and at finals Saturday. Ill be coming on my own Friday and with my band on Saturday. If we don't make finals we are going to watch them (in all likely hood we will be watching)

Where does the TX Band crew usually sit? I would like to meet some of you guys.