[Major Event] BOA San Antonio, TX Super Regional - Oct. 31-Nov. 1, 2008

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does the TX Band crew usually sit? I would like to meet some of you guys.

Well I don't know how the staff makes their plans (they can speak for themselves over what I may speculate), but if the staff is issued press passes to this event (which I imagine the Alamadome won't be giving out a lot of for this program considering hardly any press are involved compared to the vast majority of other festivities and events that normally take place in the dome), they'll probably have press-access seating at the very top close to the 50 yard line.

Well I don't know how the staff makes their plans (they can speak for themselves over what I may speculate), but if the staff is issued press passes to this event (which I imagine the Alamadome won't be giving out a lot of for this program considering hardly any press are involved compared to the vast majority of other festivities and events that normally take place in the dome), they'll probably have press-access seating at the very top close to the 50 yard line.

Yeah we'll have press passes... look for people wearing those. I believe there was only one non-TxB media pass issued last year and it was for a San Antonio paper. We shouldn't be that hard to find. :)

Last year I don't know if they had a separate press-access area, but we were on the first level, right up against the press box in the directors viewing area.

Ordered some reserved tickets this time around...to someone who's gotten them, is it worth it?

I'm really looking forward to just going to a competition and just watching and enjoying...haven't done this in a while.

Are these the suite/pressbox tickets? I'd be interested in how these turn out.

Just a friendly reminder about today:

Txbands.com has you covered! Check out the Live Blog today to get the latest real-time updates from the Alamodome from out great Staff! Also, we'll check in on this thread to answer any questions you may have during the event. Please stop by and see us during the event. We'll see seated as close to the Director's Viewing Area as possible. We'll be casual today but some of us will have on the Txbands.com gear. Look for the black polos tomorrow.

If you can't make it to the Alamodome this weekend, don't fret! The BOA Fan Network has you covered with their Full Live Webcast. You can watch Prelims and Finals of the San Antonio Super Regional from the comfort of your own home! BOA has really outdone themselves with this fantastic product so I suggest you folks go check it out!

BOA Fan Network:

http://fannetwork.dci.org/membership/?corps_id=2000

Adios for now!

Ugh.....I missed G-town. I had Wind Ensemble rehearsal until 1:15 (downbeat for them). I had my computer with me so I rushed to a practice room (took me awhile to find one since this is the time of day when most of them are full) in the music building not even putting away my stuff, popped my laptop open, realized the OS had frozen up so I had to reboot the entire thing.....I then realized that Windows Update had just installed a bunch of other crap while it was idle, so I had to wait for all that to take care of itself.....then I had to connect to the uni network, log onto the BOA fan network and all that......by the time I got on Georgetown had just gotten off the field. *Sigh* I watched Leander and am watching John Marshall right now and they sound great. I'll be watching most of the afternoon and some of the evening.

Ugh.....I missed G-town. I had Wind Ensemble rehearsal until 1:15 (downbeat for them). I had my computer with me so I rushed to a practice room (took me awhile to find one since this is the time of day when most of them are full) in the music building not even putting away my stuff, popped my laptop open, realized the OS had frozen up so I had to reboot the entire thing.....I then realized that Windows Update had just installed a bunch of other crap while it was idle, so I had to wait for all that to take care of itself.....then I had to connect to the uni network, log onto the BOA fan network and all that......by the time I got on Georgetown had just gotten off the field. *Sigh* I watched Leander and am watching John Marshall right now and they sound great. I'll be watching most of the afternoon and some of the evening.

Thanks for the compliment. The band feels so good after our performance today. We all realize its a long shot to make finals, but we feel as if it was a great way to end the season. I'm more than happy if that's my last performance with the band.

I got to see Georgetown during warm up, which was great for me in case they don't make finals...I just wanted to hear that melody one more time. I LOVE their music.

Fun day, went to go see the last block with three friends. I would have came earlier, but unfortunately we got back to school in time for our last period of the day. I saw you guys, but didn't look like there was 4 seats, I didn't want to ditch my friends.

Yeah, when I think resonance I generally think of ambient echo that you get in a performing arts center. Like dropping a pebble in a pond and getting a nice pretty ripple from the splash. The dome however, is more like dropping a giant boulder into a lake and watching massive waves cascade all over the place.

I love the sound of the drums in the dome. In a normal stadium, a snare hit makes a "dut!" sound. In the dome it's more like a "Kih-TAH!".

...that's the best I can describe it x_x.