Band 2- 8:00

Band 3- 8:15

Band 4- 8:30

Band 5- 8:45

Band 6- 9:00

Band 7- 9:15

All i have to say coming from Rowlett is that it is going to be hard,

but going off past years, 2006, we got second place, if we were to fall

a place, we'd make it, but it would still be very hard. I think that duncanville

us and either berkner or coppell will make it everyone is busting their butts

to get in the top three...

If anyone wants to go to state, they have to be at the top druing prelims,

you have to have two perfect shows.

But to throw a curve ball, i'd like to see duncanville, rowlett, and sasche go.

That would be CRAZY.

dang, im not even marching and im getting butterflies... i love that feeling though...

question:

is finals in random order like the years past???

Yes it will be.

The fact that only seven bands move on to finals makes this kind of easy to predict. Duncanville, Berkner, Rowlett, Coppell and Sachse are really the ones contending for state slots and Lake Highlands and Richardson will probably be the last two finalists. As always I'll be rooting for the Mesquite ISD schools to upset, but it's not going to happen (though North is starting to get pretty good again.)

Well guys,

to all of you who are anxious for this day to come, it is finally here. I don't believe in giving out luck, because luck shouldn't belong at a contest. I know these 17 bands earned the right to compete here and no matter what my band's placement is, I will be proud. As a senior, my sunset will occur tonight, and it will be hard to swallow. I know that today I will give it my all. Thats all I can ask.

Lets have a safe contest tomorrow, and may the best bands go to state.

prelims:

1. Rowlett

2. Coppell

3. Duncanville

4. Berkner

5. Sachse

6. Richardson

7. Lake Highlands

congrats to d-ville, berkner, and coppell(which has the best show in my mind)...

as for rowlett... well i'm not really sure what happend... its not like the messed up anything, its just that the field was tough. it could have happend to any of the top bands...

there is also some controversy about one of the top 3 bands and a parent running a sound board... but idk about that...

What happened to Rowlett? Didn't they finish 1st during prelims?

Rowlett was great during prelims, I had them picked as first though I didn't see Coppell's show. Their evening show wasn't quite as good though, lacked the energy and sharpness of their prelims show. But the top 5 bands tonight were all pretty evenly matched I thought. Sachse played as loud as anyone and I believe had one of the smaller bands. Their music was not as difficult but a fun show, better suited for BOA though.

Comes down to how the judges see things. I heard that 4th place was nearly a tie between Sachse and Rowlett (which would explain why it took almost an hour for results) but the same judge that sunk sachse's music in prelims did so again in finals. But for being nearly half the size of Duncanville or Coppell, Sachse holds there own.

That's what I heard too. I hope a decision is made fast so Rowlett can plan accordingly......

Duncanville had soundboard problems and a director stepped in to fix them. Took about 15-30 seconds. The contest office called Dick Floyd and he said that fixing a problem does not violate the intent of the rules and allowed Duncanville to advance.

Coppell had soundboard problems and a director stepped in to fix them. The director stayed with the soundboard for the rest of the show and reports indicate that he was running it after that. The contest office called Dick Floyd and he also allowed Coppell to advance.

Duncanville had soundboard problems and a director stepped in to fix them. Took about 15-30 seconds. The contest office called Dick Floyd and he said that fixing a problem does not violate the intent of the rules and allowed Duncanville to advance.

Coppell had soundboard problems and a director stepped in to fix them. The director stayed with the soundboard for the rest of the show and reports indicate that he was running it after that. The contest office called Dick Floyd and he also allowed Coppell to advance.

Actually, there will be an area executive board meeting to determine Coppell's fate. Duncaville's director stepped in to aid the student. Coppell had a band parent running the sound board, which is explicitly against the rules. If they aren't disqualified then they will at least receive a reprimand from UIL.

Actually, there will be an area executive board meeting to determine Coppell's fate. Duncaville's director stepped in to aid the student. Coppell had a band parent running the sound board, which is explicitly against the rules. If they aren't disqualified then they will at least receive a reprimand from UIL.

I wonder if this would end up on the back page of the UIL Leaguer, if a reprimand were to be handed down.