Westlake Marching Festival 2008

On a side note, I was very impressed with Dripping Springs last night. I've never had a chance to see them perform, and I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised. As an up-and-coming 4A program, they represented themselves well.

I totally agree! It's always great to see a 4A band like them own at a non-class-specific competition. I wish I could've actually seen their show (our directors are notorious for allowing very little time to see other bands), but oh well. Perhaps somewhere along the way I'll get that opportunity.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...problem with people exorcising their right to free speech..... need i say more?

this is me exorcising my right to free speech. in no way have i ever tried to bash or twist anyone's words.

lol the exorcising you used is the exorcise you use when you are driving away a ghost, now that is epic (no sarcasm intended there). So in a sense you contradicted yourself and said "people driving away their right to free speech." seeing exorcising twice made me laugh, and feel free to correct my spelling for a touche moment.

I almost die every year, because I'm so tired, and the marimba is so heavy, and the hills are so steep.

Our pit always joke around about these dreaded hills, and scare the freshmen about the terror they have to face :D

Haha, I remember that from 2 years ago. I had a bell kit attached to my marimba, which added an extra 25 pounds of unstable weight. Oh, hills.

None of y'all ever performed at Baylor for UIL State (Danpod and I are the only active ones I know of). The entrance tunnel where your band is staged after warmup and as you wait for the current band to finish is at a really steep angle. Standing there for a band's whole show was enough to tighten up your calves so you couldn't march as well.

This year on the hills, I twisted my ankle coming back up the hills after finals. I had to ride on the golf cart pulling the timpani cart, as two Alternates pushed my marimba. I felt bad, but my ankle was throbbing, and I was winded.

Westlake High School really should have taken the landscaping problems into account when they built the stadium.

haha

Edited by urkadrums

None of y'all ever performed at Baylor for UIL State (Danpod and I are the only active ones I know of). The entrance tunnel where your band is staged after warmup and as you wait for the current band to finish is at a really steep angle. Standing there for a band's whole show was enough to tighten up your calves so you couldn't march as well.

Going down and coming up those entrance tunnels were bad enough when the weather was cooperating. On rainy days like 2002 State Contest, those tunnels became a fight for survival.

Bingo! Though granted I was before your time. Glad to know people still remember.

Weird....I'd always thought you were actually some representative for Dynasty Band Instruments who got a free Admin account because you donated a bunch of money to the site and was therefore a "corporate sponser" or wtv.

Guess not :P.

• 2 weeks later...
None of y'all ever performed at Baylor for UIL State (Danpod and I are the only active ones I know of).

My band went my freshman year of HS in 2000....unfortunately I wasn't able to go (ineligible....I had the hardest freaking English teacher in the world the first semester of my freshman year <_>