Birdville Marching Festival

Some interesting notes..

After prelims, Flower Mound was fourth overall. They jumped two spots in finals.

But, 2nd and 3rd after prelims, Mansfield and Legacy, both scored lower in finals than in prelims.

If Legacy, 3rd in prelims, 4th after finals, would've have gotten the same score in finals as they did in prelims (88.8), they would have finished 2nd overall.

Also, the two top colorguards of the day, after prelims and finals, share the same instructor. Eric Babula is the colorguard instructor and Flower Mound and Legacy. What a good day for him. Lol.

yeah i heard a lot of legacy people weren't very happy with their finals performance and it was definitely a decline from prelims.

still impressive though

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some interesting notes..

After prelims, Flower Mound was fourth overall. They jumped two spots in finals.

But, 2nd and 3rd after prelims, Mansfield and Legacy, both scored lower in finals than in prelims.

If Legacy, 3rd in prelims, 4th after finals, would've have gotten the same score in finals as they did in prelims (88.8), they would have finished 2nd overall.

Also, the two top colorguards of the day, after prelims and finals, share the same instructor. Eric Babula is the colorguard instructor and Flower Mound and Legacy. What a good day for him. Lol.

where did u get that information... is it like out on the internet somewhere?/

Prelims placements!

1. Hebron

2. Mansfield

3. Legacy

4. Flower Mound

5. Arglye

6. Newman smith

7. Richardson

8. Carroll

9. Boswell

10. Central

11. Holliday

12. Denton Ryan

13. Trinity

14. Castleberry

15. Princeton

16. Whitesboro

17. Denton

18. City View

19. Winnsboro

20. Boyd

21. Bridgeport

22. Aubrey

23. Millsap

24. Ponder

25. Chico

where did u get that information... is it like out on the internet somewhere?/

Both Mansfield and Legacy had not-so-good runs from what I saw.

Both shows are great musically. They just both need some cleaning on the visual aspect.

Both schools should be proud to be making a name for themselves this year.

Btw, props to Argyle. Doing an old LD Bell show and pulling out some of those crazy drills moves. My hat(if I was wearing one.. lol) is off to you.

I was very impressed with Hebron's performance. The music was very nicely put together and the marching was exceptional. I did see a few people out of step and a few interval problems, but that will always happen with any band; there is no such thing as a perfect performance! I would be proud to be a member of the Hebron band and I wish the best of luck to them for future contests.

:D

Thanks!!

Haha so I didn't go to Homecoming because I wanted to stay for the awards ceremony. It was cute because our head DM wasn't there because she was chosen as homecoming queen! There were only a couple of us Hebron kids scattered around the audience but we screamed our lungs out anyways.

This was the first time in Hebron Band history that we placed first in prelims (and also the first time we placed first in both prelims and finals).

The only other bands I saw were Mansfield, Legacy, and Richland (and the last two minutes of Flomo). Mansfield improved soooo much from the last contest. They were really good I thought... And their drill was super tight! I loved the peeling-off move during the Dancer in the Dark segment. And Legacy has such a neat show concept. I just wished they played more actual music. Richland felt a little flatline to me as far as the bare basics - marching and playing - but they had really cool drill and I loved that tarp thing. I think that little move will go over really well at BOA SA.

That may be one reason, but it is also financial. It is expensive to go to a lot of BOA contests like Richland has the past few years. With gas prices the way they were a few months ago, travel would have cut into a budget. It is a nice bonus that gas prices are starting to come down.

Richland had a very cool show. The tarp was a neat effect.

They were a little sloppy but I'm pretty sure they will clean it up before Area.

I was talking to some Richland band kids and they said their main goal this year was to medal at State. That's why they are not doing any BOA competitions this year..

awesome. yeah i havn't heard much on them this year. i think there going to be at HEB contest next week, so i guess ill get to see them there :]

Some interesting notes..

Haha, he's the colorguard instructor at my school too (Northwest).

hows that

mansfield losing to flowermound by one tenth of a point!

oh well, im happy

flowermound is pretty ballin, to quote one of my friends

and it may not have been our cleanest show but there was a different energy level on the field unlike any other

was crazy

You should not brag on your own band like that. Some people have respect for that band and by you saying things like that people will believe that your band is completely arrogant and rude. That was uncalled for. And you shouldn't badmouth other bands either.