Birdville Marching Festival

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my good friends and colleagues just flew in from Florida for a few days to do some choreography with the Hebron band.

When he showed me what the kids were going to be doing I was pretty impressed. The brass and wookwinds are doing some legit modern dance.

It is also really creepy, which is what the show is shaping up to be I guess.

Hebron is making a name for themselves with all this aggressive body moverment the bast couple of years.

Also, has anyone noticed the Rockwell/Micheael Jackson quote in the closer?

"I get the feeling that

Somebody's watchin me"

Thought that was clever.

Anyway, cool show Hebron, looking foward to seeing it progress in the next few weeks.

ha ha i love how this forum has gotten totaly off topic from the actual birdville contest to the Hebron show

The topic is still being discussed. Hebron will be attending the Birdville ISD Contest. Therefore, people will talk about them in this topic. Considering that past topics have completely derailed within twenty four hours of the original post, this is actually great discussion.

"Hey guys, what do you think about the BOA.............That dog has a puffy tail!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(Sorry about bringing up the show shirt design earlier in this thread... I don't do too much thread-surfing, so I guess I missed it in the ToC thread.)

And although this year Hebron has fewer than 100 sets, most of them are 8-16 count sets, with a few random 15/20/22 count sets sprinkled in. Whereas last year, when we had 130-ish sets and about 15 or 20 in a row were 4 count sets.

AND, yes, the "body movement tradition" is here to stay! Our new choreography in the ballad is guarenteed to creep out the band universe, in a good way. :D

One tradition that didn't carry on to this year though is the oh-so-mysterious "hidden H set." We don't have an H anywhere as far as I know.

But I think we might add in the classic "end-of-the-ballad-rediculous-wave-movement-visual-from-one-end-of-the-field-to-the-other" set. Lol!

The H set was brought about by Marc Whitlock. When he came down here from Marian Catholic, he brought along with him their M set, changed, of course, to the Hebron H set. Once Andy Sealy took over, he slowly began to phase that one out, considering it wasn't really our tradition. Although I must say that the H in "The Other Side" came at a perfect time in the closer. Probably the best H we've ever had. Also probably the last time the H was actually very visible.

Finalists in Performance Order:

Hebron (going first because they have a homecoming function tonight)

Central

Boswell

Carroll

Richardson

Newman Smith

Argyle

Flower Mound

Legacy

Mansfield

Hebron swept all captions in Prelims.

Edit: All captions except Guard and Tie with SLC in Percussion.

Placements are coming out on txblive. I'll post them here for you lazy folk.

Colorguard: Flower Mound

Percussion: Flower Mound

General Effect: Hebron

Visual: Hebron

Music: Hebron

1. 91.9 Hebron

2. 88.6 Flower Mound

3. 88.5 Mansfield

4. 87.8 Legacy

5. 82.4 Argyle

6. 81.1 Newman Smith

7. 78.8 Richardson

8. 77.3 Carroll

9. 74.1 Central

10. 72.9 Boswell

Edited by itsstephenyo

Birdville Finals Captions:

Colorguard: Flower Mound

Percussion: Flower Mound

General Effect: Hebron

Visual: Hebron

Music: Hebron

1. 91.9 Hebron

2. 88.6 Flower Mound

3. 88.5 Mansfield

4. 87.8 Legacy

5. 82.4 Argyle

6. 81.1 Newman Smith

7. 78.8 Richardson

8. 77.3 Carroll

9. 74.1 Central

10. 72.9 Boswell

Hehe, I just noticed that the top 3 from BOA Arlington all won their respective competitions this week. Marcus won Plano east. Cedar Park won Westlake. Hebron won Birdville. SA Super Regionals is shaping up as one of the most epic bloodbaths in the history of marching band, especially since Westfield didn't make finals at Houston and Hendrickson and Friendswood both did.

My favorite of the night was definitely Argyle.

They REALLY stepped up to the plate and prived they could hang with the big boys.

Argyle was awesome! They have a really legitimate shot at winning 3A State this year after being really close two years ago (their first year as 3A).

Argyle was awesome! They have a really legitimate shot at winning 3A State this year after being really close two years ago (their first year as 3A).

I know, I couldn't believe some of the stuff they were doing out there! I was so impressed by all the intricate drill they were doing. I hope they have a great year.

Hebron will probably win.

I was very impressed with Hebron's performance. The music was very nicely put together and the marching was exceptional. I did see a few people out of step and a few interval problems, but that will always happen with any band; there is no such thing as a perfect performance! I would be proud to be a member of the Hebron band and I wish the best of luck to them for future contests.

:D

Some interesting notes..

After prelims, Flower Mound was fourth overall. They jumped two spots in finals.

But, 2nd and 3rd after prelims, Mansfield and Legacy, both scored lower in finals than in prelims.

If Legacy, 3rd in prelims, 4th after finals, would've have gotten the same score in finals as they did in prelims (88.8), they would have finished 2nd overall.

Also, the two top colorguards of the day, after prelims and finals, share the same instructor. Eric Babula is the colorguard instructor and Flower Mound and Legacy. What a good day for him. Lol.

Edited by connorjewell

I was very impressed with Hebron's performance. The music was very nicely put together and the marching was exceptional. I did see a few people out of step and a few interval problems, but that will always happen with any band; there is no such thing as a perfect performance! I would be proud to be a member of the Hebron band and I wish the best of luck to them for future contests.

:D

wow.. that is really nice! Yall were amazing last night to, I definatly enjoyed your show! I really look foward to seeing yall excel this year.