DCI World Class Championships

Danpod

Okay, hopefully this works. I am using my friends phone to comment. Internet Phone ftw.

Haha, so... I nearly cried during Phantom's Performance. It was aaawwwweeeesomeeeee.

Loved the heck out of Bluecoats' ballad. That show has really grown on to me.

Crown was fantastic.

Cavies, BD, and Cadets definitely stepped it up a notch.

I can't wait for scores!!

Okay, well bye from Indiana!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2008 DCI Finals Results:

1. 98.125 Phantom Regiment

2. 98.100 Blue Devils

3. 97.325 The Cavaliers

4. 96.800 Carolina Crown

5. 94.750 The Cadets

6. 93.175 Bluecoats

7. 93.025 Santa Clara Vanguard

8. 90.425 Blue Stars

9. 88.250 Blue Knights

10. 87.200 Boston Crusaders

11. 87.200 Glassmen

12. 85.225 Madison Scouts

Recaps are up on DCI.org if you can get through.

- Phantom 0.05 below Blue Devils in GE

- Phantom 3rd overall in Visual 0.65 below Blue Devils who swept all but one Visual subcaption

- Phantom sweeps all but one Music subcaption to come out 0.725 ahead of Blue Devils who were 4th

- Blue Devils (5th) were 0.85 behind Phantom in Percussion! This portion of the music caption alone more than killed the 0.70 lead they had over Phantom in GE and Visual.

Edit: Sorry, forgot that you have to cut that subcaption in half before adding it in to the total score. But that still made up 0.425 of the difference by itself.

Edit2: Phantom made up 0.35 in Music Ensemble.

- Blue Devils (5th) were 0.85 behind Phantom in Percussion! This portion of the music caption alone more than killed the 0.70 lead they had over Phantom in GE and Visual.

The Blue Devils percussion lost this title for them. Must be the sticks, haha.

It's great that Regiment stayed in character for the retreat. They caught a lot of flack after Allentown because the dead Drum Major got up about thirty seconds after the show ended.

My favorite thing to listen to over the phone last night were the numerous shouts of I AM SPARTACUS between the 3rd Place and 2nd Place scores. Too awesome!

There's a YouTube video up of the Blue Devils at Finals Retreat playing America, The Beautiful. The song is performed by all corps together at DCI Finals Retreat and is a staple in Drum Corps Lore. You can clearly hear brass players from the Blue Devils hanging over after the piece concluded. You can also hear several of their players blatantly playing wrong notes five seconds after the cutoff.

It is a known fact that you can go back to practically every DCI Finals Retreat where 'America' was played and hear a few sopranos hanging the last note over. The fact that this has become an accepted practice is disturbing in itself. Were there others goofing around at Finals Retreat? I have no doubt there were. However, the Blue Devils organization should really take a look at how this situation was handled, even though the season is officially over. For the longest time, I've heard stories about how certain corps act during retreat, but I've never seen concrete video evidence like this. The Blue Devils should feel awful about how some of their members handled losing on Finals night.

Phantom Regiment deserved the World Championship, plain and simple. I've been blasting their show all day today in tribute. While all eyes were on Regiment last night, the Blue Devils were put under a microscope and rightfully so. People wanted to see how the Blue Devils would react to losing on Finals night and they did not act in a classy manner. Were other corps doing this same thing? Probably. However, the second place corps must be the classiest group on the field and it doesn't seem like that happened last night.