http://www.twhsband.com/photogallery/Photo...ir/DSCN3480.jpg

They pretty much haven't changed.

They have a 'W' instead of the diamond on the jacket.

Their plumes are a bit longer and they no longer have the chains on their hats.

Everything else pretty much didn't change.

I went and watched one of their practices.. if they can keep the contras at a good angle they'll do great with them.

ewww

those uniforms are quite unappealing to me.

no offense of course

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when do band uniforms ever look good? Haha. You can never have one that fits just right. It is always too big or too small. In my opinion the uniforms will always look better on guys. And they aren't designed to look fashionable anyway. They are designed to get the job done. :]

This one seems to fit pretty well:

http://pics.livejournal.com/rose_festival/pic/0003gcpx

Edit: This one too:

http://www.alaska.net/~dtaplin/PhotoPage/majorette.jpg

And I can't believe what else your post made me find. . . .

http://readersrants.blogspot.com/2008/05/g...-band-girl.html

This one seems to fit pretty well:

http://pics.livejournal.com/rose_festival/pic/0003gcpx

Edit: This one too:

http://www.alaska.net/~dtaplin/PhotoPage/majorette.jpg

And I can't believe what else your post made me find. . . .

http://readersrants.blogspot.com/2008/05/g...-band-girl.html

Okay that is one of the most sexist thing I have ever seen in my life. I can't believe you linked those. Haha. Girls are more than sex objects you know. :P

Since when do band uniforms ever look good? Haha. You can never have one that fits just right. It is always too big or too small. In my opinion the uniforms will always look better on guys. And they aren't designed to look fashionable anyway. They are designed to get the job done. :]

haha i guess i've seen badass ones/

i like ours

although you are correct they look horrible on guys.

i dont reallyt care about the style much

i just gotta like the colors :D

yay for my 32th game tomorrow.

smith vs. keller central.

doing our whole minus the last 30

seconds :)

Wow, that's a lot of show for the second game.

Were playing Churchill. And we will be doing a mass band with Churchill for the dance team piece. We did this last year with them, it was lots of fun.

yeah we just finished our ballad yesterday.

although it was we had to relearn it a 2nd time because of new drill.

We play timberview on sat!

i'm excited there marching is always so clean.

and they're doing the transformers soundtrack.

and it's gonna be a h3ll of a game.

yay :]

Ok.....let's not go there with Crockett. I've done a TON of research on this and it runs deeper than just a show that ran during the Fall of 1993.

It has nothing to do with Crockett's show and whether it was good or not or what it contained. For the record I believe it contained Samuel Barber's "Medea's Dance of Vengeance" and John Cage's 4'33" (do some of your own research to understand why THAT piece is so significant) and I think they played something else, but don't quote me on any of this, I haven't seen or heard the show and no record of it really exists on the internet outside of their track record on UIL's website. And the show may have been quite awesome and revolutionary, but since there are no recordings of it online you can't really find out for yourself.

See, it all has to do with some huge running subcultural urban legend on the Bands of America forums (and the original proprietor for it is someone who either knows Daniel Montoya or it IS him.....considering Mr. Montoya marched that show his freshman year of HS in the Fall of '93). I've encountered this man on like 5 different forums in my time. He's a man who's fame and success as a music educator/composer is partially to the credit of his great networking skills on the internet.

The people who push the show claim it was the greatest show ever, and UIL royally screwed them over for what was supposed to be a show that revolutionized marching shows....upon being asked what happened by other members of the community, they assure you that telling you would cause you to lose all respect for the activity (something to do with UIL's crappy judging system--which might explain the 4'33" reference)....this fuels the enigma of the legend.

It's pointless to push the matter further.....unless you're hand picked by the inner-circle of the ones who genuinely understand what this show was all about, you're destined to remain removed from the reality of it all forevermore....and by pushing the matter you're only encouraging the ones on the inside to toy with you further.

Ok.....let's not go there with Crockett. I've done a TON of research on this and it runs deeper than just a show that ran during the Fall of 1993.

It has nothing to do with Crockett's show and whether it was good or not or what it contained. For the record I believe it contained Samuel Barber's "Medea's Dance of Vengeance" and John Cage's 4'33" (do some of your own research to understand why THAT piece is so significant) and I think they played something else, but don't quote me on any of this, I haven't seen or heard the show and no record of it really exists on the internet outside of their track record on UIL's website. And the show may have been quite awesome and revolutionary, but since there are no recordings of it online you can't really find out for yourself.

See, it all has to do with some huge running subcultural urban legend on the Bands of America forums (and the original proprietor for it is someone who either knows Daniel Montoya or it IS him.....considering Mr. Montoya marched that show his freshman year of HS in the Fall of '93). I've encountered this man on like 5 different forums in my time. He's a man who's fame and success as a music educator/composer is partially to the credit of his great networking skills on the internet.

The people who push the show claim it was the greatest show ever, and UIL royally screwed them over for what was supposed to be a show that revolutionized marching shows....upon being asked what happened by other members of the community, they assure you that telling you would cause you to lose all respect for the activity (something to do with UIL's crappy judging system--which might explain the 4'33" reference)....this fuels the enigma of the legend.

It's pointless to push the matter further.....unless you're hand picked by the inner-circle of the ones who genuinely understand what this show was all about, you're destined to remain removed from the reality of it all forevermore....and by pushing the matter you're only encouraging the ones on the inside to toy with you further.

My first fall semester at Crockett was 1992. 1993 was my sophomore year.

:P