6 Madison Scouts 92.625

7 Carolina Crown 90.725

8 Santa Clara Vanguard 88.650

9 Boston Crusaders 88.400

10 Blue Knights 88.225

11 Glassmen 87.700

12 Spirit from JSU 86.075

There you go.

Cadets Tie for the Highest score in DCI history (cavaliers 2002).

Why not just shower the Cadets like they are the only corps out there!

There's still Phantom in 3rd, Madison in 6th, and SCV with a crowd-friendly, kich-@$$ show.

Yeah, I'm happy them Yanks won their 9th, but Phantom Rehiment pulled off a stellar performance and Cavies had a cool show, too.

I don't wanna sound like Chuck Hensen, but Congratulations to all of them guys in Finals, because they're still better than me!

• 2 weeks later...

I think we're seeing history repeat itself with PR as well as SCV.

Back in the day (I'm talking 1970s) they owned EVERYONE. More 1st place shows than any corps in the 70s. One year (either '79 or'80) dropped to bottom half of finals column (7th to be exact) but the year after, they made up for it with 1st and a killer show.

Phantom is in the same place they were in the 1990s. Some good shows, 3rd-6th place consistently, then all of the sudden-BAM! Defiant Heart and 1st.

I think we're seeing history repeat itself with PR as well as SCV.

Back in the day (I'm talking 1970s) they owned EVERYONE. More 1st place shows than any corps in the 70s. One year (either '79 or'80) dropped to bottom half of finals column (7th to be exact) but the year after, they made up for it with 1st and a killer show.

Phantom is in the same place they were in the 1990s. Some good shows, 3rd-6th place consistently, then all of the sudden-BAM! Defiant Heart and 1st.

actually, Defiant Heart didn't happen in one year. It happened in about 3 nights.

Phantom Regiment 1996 is the biggest dark horse story... well... ever.

The whole year they were under the radar, and NO ONE thought they would even end up in the top 4. then all of a sudden, at Quarterfinals, they jumped to 4th... as if that wasn't shocking enough, the next night at semifinals, they jumpedto 3rd. THEN on finals night, the tied (but most agree they should have beaten) the Blue Devils for 1st.

Phantoms uniform was also all black that year... guess dark uniforms=dark horse... or something like that.

~>conner

Just because their director is leaving? Eh.

I'd wait until the 2006 season begins to make such thoughts.

Bui said it best in a thread on scbandfan.

Look at Madison since 2003.

Rick V. was a great director, but a change was needed. People love SCV, and great performers will continue to audition there.

With an upgraded staff, they will be better.

~>conner

• 2 months later...