ever dropped anything on the field?

This year, an alto sax player did a sharp horns down and his neck went flying. :D

That was at finals for TOC too.

Also I've seen multiple times, bass clarinet bells actually falling off.

Don't ask me how or why though. :lol:

Ooh, speaking of bass clarinets, one time during a rehearsal, the freshmen of the section was having troubles with some of the lower notes. We traded necks and mouthpieces and told him to play on mine, while I fell out and fixed on the sideline. After checking for lose screws (which bass clarinets are NOTORIOUS for) I checked for anything blocking the air stream. Well, I told him to wrap paper around the middle piece because the cork was so bad, at least until the directors could take it in to re cork it. Apparently I didn't tell him that he should replace the paper at least once a week, because that gets thin and nasty. Well, when looking through it, the bottom half including the bell (which the bell was the least of my worrys) fell onto the concrete...totally interrupting rehearsal and getting a few comments. Well it turned out to be fine, and a the paper was blocking some of the keys and air stream. So after I replaced the paper with fresh one (and telling him to replace it more often) the clarinet was fine.

We can't have our flipfolders in sight until we do drill team so most of us stuff it in our bibbers, but once during the show it fell through all the way to the leg of the bibbers, and just stuck there like a pad or something and it was impossible to get out

THAT'S EXACTLY THE HORROR STORY THAT HAPPENED TO ME!

like I said, since then, I refuse to bring out my flipfolder.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I "dropped" my horn because I got mauled by a prop, if that counts.

Yeah. It flew 20 yards over while my mouthpiece went about 35 yards over.

Not fun.

lol remember 2 years ago when you and that one girl were doing the horn move (the triangle thingy during the opener) and you went the wrong direction and smashed bells?

lol you had like a 5 inch dent/gash in the bell of the baritone.

cant believe i remember that :huh:

• 1 month later...

Let's didn't involve me but involved a quarter of the trumpet section. We had this part in our 2006 show where we did this slightly curved line but hauled **** backwards. Well, a trumpet player fell about two infront of me. Everyone else infront of her, 10+ people. Persisted to trip over her and scramble to get back up. My friend who saw her crushed horn in the carnage picked it up until our band director told us to stop. Thank god it was only a practice, but I laughed my **** off during the whole thing.

• 5 months later...
I heard Danpod slipped and fell at State on his way to play his solo... But then again a lot of people fell that day.

Yes, I fell. Did I drop anything? I did not, unless you count my body.

My gloves and gauntlets flew off during the performance at BOA Arlington my Senior Year. I hated wearing those darn gauntlets!

• 4 weeks later...