There was a lot of hype last year for LD Bell's 2006 show "The Remaining", which has garnered a respectable 24,000+ views on Youtube over the past year it was an incredible show and this board was loaded with info on them all throughout the season.

Haven't seen much of that this year though with "TranSENDents" (or however the entendre is utilized there -_- )....for those who have seen it; is it just not as good (or as entertaining) of a show as last year? Does it not have the element that it's going to need to take win it all for Texas at Nationals?

Will this show Remain in the shadows of the more well established bands for the year, or will it make the Ascent to Transcendence and take it home?

This show reminds me a lot of Ascension in 2005. I saw the 2005 show at Arlington and honestly, I did not think too much of it. Sure enough, the show came together at Nationals and is regarded, from a drill design standpoint, as one of the best ever.

What people saw at Arlington a few weeks ago was a skeleton of TRANSCENDents. Many people thought the show was boring, with very few wow moments. Everyone hit the Panic button after Arlington Finals was over.

But here's what I saw:

Clean, clean, clean drill. When your drill is that clean, changing or making additions to it becomes easier.

The drill covers a lot of ground but it never seems like they are overexerting themselves. They're like Vince Young!

Plenty of spots to add visuals.

Music is solid, whether you think the music is boring or not.

This show can out-march anyone in the Nation.

The organization has proven that they are not afraid to change drill or music. They're fearless. They also understand that the element of surprise can be a very powerful tool. Seriously, go back and look at the giant white sheet that covered the colorguard at the end of The Remaining. The crowd still hasn't closed their metaphorical jaw from one of the greatest moments in Marching Arts history.

I predict that at San Antonio, you'll see an almost complete version of the show. Why almost complete? While I do believe that their show will have a complete closer, I also believe that they will add a few more fininshing touches before Grand National Finals.

I've learned my lesson. I'll never count these guys out again. I picked these guys to win the moment they signed up for Nationals and I'll stick by it.

The organization has proven that they are not afraid to change drill or music. They're fearless. They also understand that the element of surprise can be a very powerful tool. Seriously, go back and look at the giant white sheet that covered the colorguard at the end of The Remaining. The crowd still hasn't closed their metaphorical jaw from one of the greatest moments in Marching Arts history.

Agreed.

I have no doubt that Bell will do great, if not win Grand Nationals. I believe these kids have nothing left to go but a winning performance on Saturday, November 17th. Think about it, they have worked for this year since Ascension. The seniors this year are the sophomores that began the triology in 2005, granted some of them may not have marched that year, but I'm pretty sure they want this more than anything. These kids have busted their tails to get this far, and they will not stop at anything. These seniors will be remembered as the class that brought one of the best series of shows to the marching band field that anyone has. Just because they got 2nd at Arlington means nothing, They moved from 4th at Arlington in 2005 to 3rd place at nationals, there is no limit to what this band can do. I am very excited to see the season unfold with the upcoming SA, and more importantly Grand National championships. I can't wait to see what they pull of on the 17th :lol:

I can't wait to see them. I'll probably end up getting a membership on the BOA website so I can watch them. Honestly, I think they'll pull it off. I'm sure the seniors this year are ready to make the final leap into 1st place. They got 3rd when they were sophomores, 2nd when they were juniors, and now that they're seniors, I'm sure they are going to be pushing harder than any band out there for that Grand Champion title.

As expected, a lot of things are still being added to the show. Just read this off of L.D. Bell's website:

Flag Sewing

In order to get all of the flags and “other effects” ready for San Antonio BOA, we have added the following sewing dates…. See you at the Band Hall!

Wed 10/24 6-9

Thur 10/25 6-9

Sat 10/27 10-3

Mon 10/29 6-9

Tues 10/30 6-9

Any time you can give will be appreciated – you do NOT have to stay the entire session.

8 days left until San Antonio!

As expected, a lot of things are still being added to the show. Just read this off of L.D. Bell's website:

Flag Sewing

In order to get all of the flags and “other effects” ready for San Antonio BOA, we have added the following sewing dates…. See you at the Band Hall!

Wed 10/24 6-9

Thur 10/25 6-9

Sat 10/27 10-3

Mon 10/29 6-9

Tues 10/30 6-9

Any time you can give will be appreciated – you do NOT have to stay the entire session.

Prediction:

L.D. Bell will pull a massive flag over the entire crowd and then proceed to beat us with burlap sacks filled with doorknobs.

lol, you seriously might be on to something Danpod :P....

one GIANT flag.....wielded by multiple colorguard members.....they'll bring in a couple of those giant, industry-strength Blow Dryers that they use at Truck barns to dry off 18-wheelers after running them through the wash, and use those to create their own synthetic wind so that their ungodly huge flag will have the wind it needs to billow majestically over the crowd....

....then the ooing and ahhing will commence.

You know.....there's a lot you can do visually with an ungodly massive fabric/tarp and the power of wind. I wonder if the white tarp will be making another appearance this year :ph34r: .