Area Predictions?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say it for you jd2012 lol. You give North too much credit, mike. Boyd has definitely taken the spot for top mckinney school. The old times are gone where North was a contender for state and I think it has to do with the people Boyd had taken away from North. Its kinda like if Frisco Liberty was going to take the juniors away their first year. No way would Centennial be this good if the juniors (now seniors) south of 121 went to Liberty.

Alright......here's what I think is going down:

Area A:

Azle

Fossil Ridge

Plainview

Alternate: Saginaw

Area B:

Aledo

Centennial

The Colony

Sherman

Alternate: Birdville

Area C:

Poteet

Waxahachie

Alternate: Highland Park

Area D:

Dripping Springs

Hendrickson

New Braunfels

Steele

Alternate: Connally

Area E:

Brenham

Foster

Alternate: Waller

Area F:

Dickinson

Friendswood

Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Alternate: Santa Fe

Area G:

Calallen

Gregory-Portland

King

Roma

Alternate: Floresville

Finalists for Area D: (In Alpha)

Connally

Dripping Springs

Hays

Hendrickson

LBJ

New Braunfels

New Braunfels Canyon

Schertz: Steele

Vista Ridge

and 10th im not sure, Lehman possibly?

As far as who will advance: (alpha in true area tradition)

Connally

Dripping Springs

Hendrickson

New Braunfels

Alternate: Steele

I know Connally has had a rough first half of the season, but we have turned it on since the 13th. We have had the best rehearsals that our school has ever seen (even better than the band that took 3rd at state). We are truly a changed band, we are sounding much bigger and playing with much better tones. Our timing issues will definantly be lessened with the addition of another field conductor (I cant march for a week due to a groin injury, but am being used as a field conductor). The biggest issues were phasing which we have fixed 90%, and after tomorrow should no longer be a problem. We will be a strong contender at area this saturday. Even our region judges said that we were one of the best shows that preformed all night (beating the 5As). Dont want to seem like im bragging but just letting the world know, watch out the Connally band is back, and as strong as ever. and as for area D champs, I think it is too close to call right now, it will depend on who has the most heart saturday night, and draw order will deifnantly be a factor in this extremly tough area

I'd also like to thank you for putting us up there. It seems like so much competition that I always worry about how we will do and after going through today's posts I'm pumped for Saturday (again). Saturday is gonna be the biggest competition this band has seen! Oh yeah, and Michael, if we make it to state, remember, I said and Pedro, you, and I will room together and drag some poor sap to be with us. It'd rock if we did! B)

Alright......here's what I think is going down:

Area A:

Azle

Fossil Ridge

Plainview

Alternate: Saginaw

Area B:

Aledo

Centennial

The Colony

Sherman

Alternate: Birdville

Area C:

Poteet

Waxahachie

Alternate: Highland Park

Area D:

Dripping Springs

Hendrickson

New Braunfels

Steele

Alternate: Connally

Area E:

Brenham

Foster

Alternate: Waller

Area F:

Dickinson

Friendswood

Little Cypress-Mauriceville

Alternate: Santa Fe

Area G:

Calallen

Gregory-Portland

King

Roma

Alternate: Floresville

Alphabetical order? Very nice way to skip out on giving order. Haha. :)

I'd like to see Connally at state though.

Dude. Thanks for putting us up there. Everytime I hear about area and finals... oi if I were to live a whole year under this kind of excitement I think I'd probably die.

Oh I know. I'm excited but nervous. I'd love to fastforward time to see what happens. I do know one thing though... I'll be somewhat content at least if we do our best performance. If we have a great performance and know that we did all we could, but the judges didn't think we were the best... then okay, but to know that you could've done better... that would kill me for weeks. So, I want to see every band there have their best performance that way no one has any regrets or doubts as to who deserves to go to state.

My predictions (random order:

Area A:

Saginaw

Azle

Fossil Ridge

Area B:

Centennial

Aledo

Sherman

The Colony

Area C:

Poteet

JJ Pearce

Area D:

Dripping Springs

New Braunfels

Hendrickson

Connally

Area E:

No idea.

Area F:

Friendswood

Dickinson

LC-M

Area G:

Roma and I have no clue about the rest.

So many good bands. So little to advance..... what a dilema.... too bad they all cant go. The procedures to advance are kinda unfair. Say "area x" has 15 bands, one of them is amazing, the others only so-so. And then "area Q" has 10 bands, and 6 of them are some of the best in the state. Only 2 get to advance, and then area x has one great band, and then 2 so-so bands.... get what im saying?