How is your school's line doing?

txsweetheart183

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our DL is alot better than last year. Which is wierd because we lost our best tenor.

But last year the DL would be the reason of the tears and stuff. But this year we won Best percussion at 2 contests and like 3rdplace in a few others. Last year our DL was like really really bad. Sorry to say it, guys. But we were.

Our DL is alot better than last year. Which is wierd because we lost our best tenor.

But last year the DL would be the reason of the tears and stuff. But this year we won Best percussion at 2 contests and like 3rdplace in a few others. Last year our DL was like really really bad. Sorry to say it, guys. But we were.

I remember when they caused that huge tear at Carrollton last year because they couldn't see John...

• 10 months later...

Legacy's drumline is freaking brutal this year.

Last year we were, well....terrible. We only played the fourth movement, never really got much marching practice in, and didn't do well at all. This year we finally have two good marching techs who know their stuff, and our line has people who want to do this. I would most definitely NOT place us as amazing, but I would say that we are clean and getting even more tickless every practice, and that we stay in time better than we did last year.

Well, considering we got a totally new percussion director, things have been very different.

But, we are much improved from last year, and we are working on not staying the same level once we get into contest season which is something we were pretty not good about last year.

Well, im on Spring High School Drumline, so i didnt get to check anyone out in the lot :/

BUT!

we perfomed right after brazoswood in prelims and finals and i heard the last 2 movements twice and it souned like they had a ROCKIN book!!!!

westfield highschool shares our stadium so whenever they have a game we just stay to check them out, and just last friday i got to hear their line and i have to admit they've really pulled through. Consistantly smokin bass runs-no joke. Mostly clean snare and tenors. I was impressed.

Klien High-they have a fun book. i watched them warm up in the lot on friday at Spring High and they have a really creative book!

Cypress Falls High + CPTW-I havnt gotten to hear you guys this season! :( [im about to skip homecoming and ditch my girlfriend to come see you kids at lonestar, thats why Spring isnt going-FOR HOMECOMING!!! :(((]

ive personally heard that you guys are really pullin through and smokin this season-really hope i get to hear you kids.

i really havnt gotten to hear anyone else...

OH! LD BELL-yes, they only play like a minute of their show, and yea-the snares play matched, but so what-WHEN they played it was great, and i was blown away because the last time i heard their drumline i thought they were just a 'for show' drumline, now they were flawless at the runthrough at BOA Houston.

but yea, i havnt gotten to hear anyone else so if you could give updates on people and how lines are doin id love to hear!

-Ben (the really white kid with hair from spring snare line)

OH! LD BELL-yes, they only play like a minute of their show, and yea-the snares play matched, but so what-WHEN they played it was great

LD bell is just sad to me, I saw them at HEB and yeah theyre fantastic but seriously?

their book was really really weak

a lot of rolls.

thats about it.

there were a few spots where I thought, hmm thats nifty, but overall i was pretty unimpressed

but what they play is reallll good so props to them for that.

richland were the ones that made me wonder how they got those sounds out of their drums. amazingness

We're doing MUCH better compared to last year, but that's probably because last year there were 2 veterans and 11 newbies on drumline, and this year there are 2 newbies and 11 veterans. However, I think our drumline has some maturity issues, and we kind of see ourselves as too much of a separate entity from the band. Our front ensemble seems to be doing okay, but there aren't really any superoutstanding kids in the percussion line.

And on an additional note,

I <3 the Cedar Park Drumline. Your bass five hugged me at Westlake, lol. I feel really bad because I forgot his name, though. But dang, he is an insane jazz runner. Also, you were hecka clean. Mad props.

Our battery is doing surprisingly well, they've really stepped it up since last year. The pit is doing well too, but they're having some definite issues with timing. They made third at the Crowley contest and at the two competitions we've been to (Golden Triangle and Aledo) they've gotten the drumline caption.

17? That's doubtful.....Round Rock's drumline is consistently one of the best in the state year after year....8 points would make more sense, even if the ability difference was really obvious.

Urg....Cedar Park's drumline was already a force to be reckoned with....and with Georgetown's old staff in the mix this year; all that firepower in one place, it's not fair *cries*.....PASIC's in Austin this year right? I'd love to see Cedar Park's upgraded superdrumline take on Marcus.....though the chances of them both attending and competing in the same division is pretty slim. I honestly think they'd have a shot at beating them though.

17? That's doubtful.....Round Rock's drumline is consistently one of the best in the state year after year....8 points would make more sense, even if the ability difference was really obvious.

Urg....Cedar Park's drumline was already a force to be reckoned with....and with Georgetown's old staff in the mix this year; all that firepower in one place, it's not fair *cries*.....PASIC's in Austin this year right? I'd love to see Cedar Park's upgraded superdrumline take on Marcus.....though the chances of them both attending and competing in the same division is pretty slim. I honestly think they'd have a shot at beating them though.

Yeah. We're both going, however Marucs is doing marching and we're in standstill.

Their B-line is in our division however.

• 11 months later...