• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone always counts out dripping springs for Area D and I don't really get why. They had a off year at area last time around, but I think they probably should have made it and will be a big threat this year. Westlake will be a good preview...

I totally agree with that... They're getting good QUICK! They're DEFINANTLY a contender... and honestly i don't think ANY of the spots should be called 'set' because as stated before ANYTHING can happen. All we can do is wait...

Also, I believe another precurser contest could be The Lonestar Preview in the Woodlands... imbetween Friendswood and Hendrickson. It'll be quite the show

i dont think dickinson has it this year to make it past area. they seem to be going downhill. 2005 they were placed last place by 2 of the music judges.

Ok Just so dickinson can let out its terrible secret

our directors were testing a strategy out (musically)

due to the dome, in that we backed down our volume

obviously it backfired with extremely unpleasant results

but that did not come close to stifling our seasoned or incoming players

Dickinson IS ready for state

Dickinson IS worthy of making finals

Dickinson WILL uphold our tradition

(sorry for the cocky attitude

but it just had to be said)

Fun Filled Fact:

from 89-91 (3 yrs) Dicksinson won state

we were a huge factor in the decision

to make state only every other year

To make simple

Dickinson Has always and

Will always make their name known

STOP THE PRESSES! JUAN SEGUIN IS YET ANOTHER GOOD AREA B BAND. THEY DID AWESOME AT ALEDO LAST NIGHT, EVEN BEATING BOTH SOUTHWEST AND BIRDVILLE IN PRELIMS. Doesn't get any easier, does it, Area B...

Oh Yeah, a lot a region 7 bands were there last night, and think they have the great chance to get a lot of 1's at UIL. There may be a chance for 5 area B state bands yet...

Wow! Perhaps Seguin can repeat this year after all. So after this weekend, I'm still feeling Sherman, The Colony, and Aledo as the top 3 in Area B. The last spot (or maybe two. Who knows?) is between Birdville, McKinney Boyd, Seguin, Centennial, and Southwest. At this point I'd probably say:

4. Birdville

5. Seguin

6. Mckinney Boyd

7. Centennial

8. Southwest

Only two more weeks until area! Eek!

I should be able to provide a video of Poteet at Plano East fairly soon (preferably prelims. I hear the finals performance was lacking in energy.)

But that is not to say that Southwest and Birdville did not do well, I personally think that Southwest was undeservedly not placed in finals( I think they got 11th in Prelims). Southwest was excellent musically, something which may be a deciding factor in the area contest. If they could only march better, who knows?

My personal rankings are:

1. Sherman

2+3. Aledo or The Colony

4. Juan Seguin

5. Between Birdville, Centennial, and Southwest (That's the real battle)

I'm not quite sure about Juan Seguin. Honestly, I think we can take top four now after our finals performance last night.

And once we put our closer on the field (assuming we can nail it) I think top 3 is a very high possibility. I don't think any of the Area B bands except for us are attempting to march at 172-180.

Boyd this year is doing a lot better. I think it's risky to be playing Down A Country Lane for their ballade (just like I feel Birdville's Grainger show is also a very risky idea). Boyd sounds much better than last year, but as for marching I can't say anything cus I haven't seen them from the stands.