Arlington Regional 2007

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basing it off last year and experience.. the ones with stars are the EXPECTED for a spot in finals.

Wow, really? Some of those bands you starred haven't been in a BOA Finals in recent history.

Out of the bands you chose, I, personally, would take off Mabank, Newman Smith, Pleasant Grove, and Putnam City. That leaves 11 bands. The final few spots are gonna be a battle between Berkner, Colleyville Heritage, Mansfield, Clear Brook, and Martin. I think Clear Brook and Mansfield will get into finals, though.

This should be a very good competition. Lots of good, solid bands are not gonna make it into finals.

Here's my list:

Coppell

Haltom

Hebron

L. D. Bell

Marcus

Owasso

Richland

Westfield

Clear Brook

Mansfield

Let's see if I'm right. I was dead-on last year for GN Finals. Maybe I still have a bit of luck? We'll see.

Edit: Grammar reasons.

Wow, really? Some of those bands you starred haven't been in a BOA Finals in recent history.

Out of the bands you chose, I, personally, would take off Mabank, Newman Smith, Pleasant Grove, and Putnam City. That leaves 11 bands. The final few spots are gonna be a battle between Berkner, Colleyville Heritage, Mansfield, Clear Brook, and Martin. I think Clear Brook and Mansfield will get into finals, though.

This should be a very good competition. Lots of good, solid bands are not gonna make it into finals.

Here's my list:

Coppell

Haltom

Hebron

L. D. Bell

Marcus

Owasso

Richland

Westfield

Clear Brook

Mansfield

Let's see if I'm right. I was dead-on last year for GN Finals. Maybe I still have a bit of luck? We'll see.

Edit: Grammar reasons.

Well I don't always agree with the judges.

xD

In my eyes, if a show has a theme.. and you add props and crazy guard costumes to it.. then the entire show needs to fit the theme ALONG with Great marching technique and outstanding musicianship. Also, I am tired of seeing bands with simple-**** drill and making it to the top. The reason the marching technique is so good is because the drill is easy. I admire bands with hard drill that do it well than bands who do easy drill excellently. It's a turn off when a band does too much standing still, easy music, or not hard enough guard work.

I look at many different angles of a show.. so my opinions ususally come out way deeper and outlandish than others.

Well I don't always agree with the judges.

xD

In my eyes, if a show has a theme.. and you add props and crazy guard costumes to it.. then the entire show needs to fit the theme ALONG with Great marching technique and outstanding musicianship. Also, I am tired of seeing bands with simple-**** drill and making it to the top. The reason the marching technique is so good is because the drill is easy. I admire bands with hard drill that do it well than bands who do easy drill excellently. It's a turn off when a band does too much standing still, easy music, or not hard enough guard work.

I look at many different angles of a show.. so my opinions ususally come out way deeper and outlandish than others.

ftw

Not to mention..

I think every band that made finals at the 2006 Arlington is there this year.

Reagan would have been if they hadn't dropped.

Plus those that went to State.

Richland, Hebron, LD Bell, Marcus.

the woodlands won't be there this year, and neither will james bowie... and they were pretty high up there in finals

QUOTE (radchad @ Sep 30 2007, 10:56 PM)
D:

A lot of people dropped out of the BOA Arlington.

I know Hendrickson pulled out of BOA Arlington and is attending the Lone Star Preview in the Houston area instead. That's the only withdrawal that I know of.

Ronald Reagan & The Woodlands were never registered for Arlington when the roster was released earlier this year. Don't know where people were getting that they were signed up.

I think all the confusion is coming from the predictions page. It looks like someone accidentally copied the entire last half of the BOA San Antonio schedule onto the drop down menu for Arlington predictions, hence the inclusion of Reagan, The Woodlands, Langham Creek, Roma, etc.

haha I think you're right... no wonder it looked so different when I updated the lists. Well its fixed now, and please feel free to repredict if your original list has the BOA SA bands on it

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, time for final predictions... Here we go.

Coppell HS, TX

Richland HS, TX

Arlington Martin HS, TX

Haltom HS, TX

Clear Brook HS, TX

Marcus HS, TX

Owasso HS, OK

Hebron HS, TX

Westfield HS, TX

L.D. Bell HS, TX

Ah, I think this list is different from what I had originally predicted. It pained me to take off Mansfield and Colleyville Heritage. We'll see, though.