DM Salutes

bariphonium

Ah, the famous drum major salute. Sometimes simple, sometimes complex. Sometimes long, sometimes short and sweet. I've seen some of the weirdest ones, one of which had the head drum major move her arms in a circle and then make the motion to "shoot" and arrow, while others where a simple salute, and that's it. What are some of the better ones that y'all have seen?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ours changes year by year...its left up to the drum majors to decide what they want to do..that why in 03 u saw 2 different salutes..one at the begging by one dm and one at the end by another..

in 04..the salute was a karate move thought up by a dm who was ..yes in karate...

but in the end ...all our salutes end with hands out..and down..like making a W in the air but down (in fists)....right hand up to the head in salute..break into fist in front/side of face..then down to attention position

also..some competetions have captions or awards for best dm..IE: katy isd preview...lone star preview...anyone know how this is judged.?..or what its based off of?

ours changes year by year...its left up to the drum majors to decide what they want to do..that why in 03 u saw 2 different salutes..one at the begging by one dm and one at the end by another..

in 04..the salute was a karate move thought up by a dm who was ..yes in karate...

but in the end ...all our salutes end with hands out..and down..like making a W in the air but down (in fists)....right hand up to the head in salute..break into fist in front/side of face..then down to attention position

also..some competetions have captions or awards for best dm..IE: katy isd preview...lone star preview...anyone know how this is judged.?..or what its based off of?

Lone Star didn't have a best DM award.

I think these captions are for how well the drum majors direct their bands.

Our drum majors do the same simple salute every year but its cool. Though I have a bit of a problem with drum majors that bring their colorguard captain on the field with them. Some of them just act ridiculous *cough* (Marcus colorguard with acting like a bird) *cough* (Fossil Ridge colorguard, you know why) *cough* so I think drum majors should leave the colorguard members in the stands.

Although I like it short and sweet, a band with hats like the Cavs have, It looks pimp when the drum major runs his fingers along the rim.

Just my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I've only seen our drum majors salutes (the both have the same one) I think it's lame. My boyfriend, whos a junior, was telling me about some of the ones they had in the past. One year, the DM had a tux as his uniform so he jsut like bowed. And last year I think it was ,the DM had REALLY long hair, and his salute, he like bent over really quick and stuck out his arm and flipped his hair over.