Fav. DCI show of all time

jbrih13

My favorite DCI show of all time is:

Ok, ok, ok i can't say just one, cause personally i like a lot of them so i'll just keep it to like each corp i want to say.

Phantom Regiment: Faust, Apasionada 874, New World Symphony, and just about everything else they played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Hint: PR is my favorite corp.)

Cavies:Machine, 007, and Frameworks.

Madison: Jesus Christ SuperStar

SCV: Phantom of the Opera, Schaharazade (sp?), New Era Metropolis

Thats it.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a lot of shows that I think had really great segments, but the rest of the show just didn't do them justice.

For example, I must say, I really liked the first four minutes and last 3 minutes (esp the last minute and a half) of Apasionada... but he middle seems to be a bit of a dead spot.

I also love the opener of '97 cavalier's Firebird, but the rest of the show just isn't that great. Hopefully PR will really unleash all the potential of the Firebirfd this next year.

The 06 Cadets had a very nice ballad, but the rest of the show just didn't have enough substance.

00 Cavaliers is an amazing show, and don't get me wrong, the ballad segmetns are OK, but they just aren't nearly as good as the rest of the show in my opinion. They don't seem to grip you... I dunno, maybe that's just me. There are some cool ballet parts, but others... I dunno.

The drum break segment in 89 Phantom (New World) is really weak in my opinion. Granted I am no percussionist, so I dunno about the technical skill that it may require, but I do fancy myself a composer, and it seems to me that this section is a huge dead spot that doesn't flow very well with the rest of the show. But that's just me.

Phantom 96... I don't think you could ever get an entire show's worth of music that would be on the level of that opener. It is untouchable, if you ask me.

Enough about partial shows that I like. My favorite show ever? Well, Faust kicked ****. That's all I have to say about that. I must admit, I really like the Godfather this past year as well... plus it always got stuck in my head. Phantom of the Opera is a classic. New World too. Defiant as well. I really can't decide on one, and I think few people can, really.

• 6 months later...

Speaking of loudest crowd responses ever...

Madison Scouts 1995: A Drum Corps Fans Dream

....the crowd is practically on their feet and cheering the last 2 minutes of the show!!!!

Arguably the most entertaining drum corps show of all time!

And also my favorite.