Fav. DCI show of all time

jbrih13

There's so many good shows.....and I probably haven't heard half as much as a lot of ya'll.

Cavis 95 - The Planets

Phantom 96 - A Defiant Heart

SCV 89 - Phantom of the Opera

Madison '05 - Carmen

Regardless of all that.....my absolute favorite show is Madison Scouts '95: A Drum Corps Fan's Dream. After listening to that show for the very first time I just sorta sat there afterwards and thought "....THIS is what it's all about!" F*** the scores and to heck with the judges (though they did do quite well that year if I've got my score archive memorized correctly)!!!

The energy, definitely the energy. Cavaliers may be perfect and Devils may have intensity....but in the end the true winner is the audience, and this show just drives that point home.

Their follow-up year is seriously just as good. Man, I wish Scouts could still rock the crowd like that.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

there are so many great shows from over the years it is difficult to namd just a few. here are my favs though (in no particular order):

Cadets 2000: I'm a big fan of the whole concept of the show and loved the music from Disney's Millenium Celebration.

Star of Indiana '91 and '93: Both were AMAZING shows that were way ahead of their competitors in terms of show design and concept.

Crown 2007: Although it wasn't the cleanest, best, highest scoring show, it was definitely a fan favorite (and for good reason!).

SCV 2004: The Scheherezade(sp?) was a great show and great music. All around crowd pleaser.

Cavies 2002: Frameworks! Need I say anything?

SCV '89: Andrew Lloyd Webber must be happy with this representation of 'Phantom' beacuse that is an amazing show that I play on iTunes over and over again.

Phantom '89, '96, '06: All my favorite Phantom shows. Huge fan of the Regiment!

Like I said, there are soooo many that I could just keep going but I'll stop there for now.

Santa Clara Vanguard 1989, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2007

Cavaliers 1992, 1995, 2001, 2004

Phantom Regiment 1989, '91, '93, '95, '96, 2003, '06, '07

Cadets 1983-84, 1995, 1998

Blue Devils 1994, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2006 (Too bad they didn't have the 2005 hornline to work with Godfather... )

Madison Scouts 1988, '95

Bluecoats 2005-07

Those are all that I can think of right now.

One of my favorite shows of all time is the 2003 Phantom Regiments " Haromic Journey" Martin HS did a version of this is 2005 and it was the funnest show ive ever done. Expecially when we bet LD Bell at North Texas Band Championships. To bad '05 wasnt a state year for 5A.

Other great/ really entertaining show are Velvet Knights 1988 and 1992. If you havent seen them go and google it.

'99 Santa Clara Vanguard - Inventions for a New Millenium.

That show moves. Excellent drill writing. Amazing execution.

'96 Phantom Regiment - A Defiant Heart.

The music in this show is probably one of the best musical performances in DCI history.

The dynamic effect was genius, and the GE was crazy. Drill could have been better, but this show rocks.

'04 Cavaliers - 007.

This show deserved to win that year. Genius drill writing, guard work, and theme.

The band protrayed the theme excellently and brough out some of my most favorite drill moves in marching band history.

The ending is just crazy. Hauling butt and playing wicked music. Major props.

'01 Blue Devils - Away Day Blue.

Awesome percussion. The dynamic effect in this show was just insane. This was my first live DCI show.

The drill was crazy at times, too. Love this show.

'06 Phantom Regiment - Faust.

Gah! AWESOME show.. period. Amazing music, amazing guard, amazing technique. This show just blows my mind.

From the 190+ beats a minute french horn rips and triplets, to the baritones playing trumpets as well. Bah. They should have won!

'07 Bluecoats- Criminal.

I don't care what anyone says. This was a crazy-original show. The guard was soooo awesome this year. They definitely were overlooked. The concept was amazing. Loved the music. EXCELLENT brass line. Vocal parts were genius. Loved the opening of the brief case. :]

'06 Blue Devils - Godfather Part Blue.

This show live was.. GAH. Boy oh boy. Drum Corp and the Godfather. Can't beat that.

Genius drill writing is all I will say.

99' Madison Scouts - JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, this is one of the most energetic shows i've EVER seen. I'm not very religious, but a HUGE formation of a cross was moving!

03' Blue Devils (Hornline)

00' Cadets - WE ARE THE FUTURE

I have more moments than actual shows.

Can you actually list Devils 2006 program as one of the best???