From the Marcus Band

On behalf of the Marcus High School Marching Band, we would like to express our deepest appreciation for the sportsmanship and decorum demonstrated by a number of organizations competing at the Area B Marching Contest this past Saturday. We cannot begin to convey how impressive it was to receive such enthusiastic support from the stands as we exited the field. It is truly a testament to the quality of individuals in those groups that they would set aside all competitive differences for a moment to recognize another band

Yeah Daniel, we were watching from the other end of the track for the pit exit and we were just staring in awe. It was almost like the bands did the wave since they got up as the hornline passed by each. That was the coolest thing I have ever seen in all 4 years of marching band. Thank you bands so much, that was so classy and awesome I almost cried, which for me is huge.

Oh, and also since my mom read this in the paper and keeps asking me about it, Allen did you guys have any major injuries from that bus wreck or is everybody ok? I can't believe UIL couldn't give you all the last time slot after that, but who knows, maybe too much of a scheduling hassle. I love! your show (saw it while moving to warmups) and we are playing Sabre Dance and Ritual Fire Dance in our drumline show coincidentally enough.

Thanks again to everyone, you all made the season for me this weekend

Michael Wallace, Marcus Front Ensemble

On behalf of the Marcus High School Marching Band, we would like to express our deepest appreciation for the sportsmanship and decorum demonstrated by a number of organizations competing at the Area B Marching Contest this past Saturday. We cannot begin to convey how impressive it was to receive such enthusiastic support from the stands as we exited the field. It is truly a testament to the quality of individuals in those groups that they would set aside all competitive differences for a moment to recognize another band

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...