Ok so in having seen some bands at Area D this past weekend, I couldn't help but noticing Churchill's Gaurd... more specifically their uniforms.

Personally I feel really sorry for the girls. Not being a girl I may have a different sense of reality, but if I had to wear an outfit that implied being a hooker... wow I would not be happy. The funny thing is if someone tried to pull an outifit like that off with our band our parents would be up in arms! The directors would burn at the stake.

So...

I'm wondering what people think of Guard Uni's in general - and what the limit is as far as looking risque...

Especially if they're are any WC Gaurd people on here, I'd like to see what your thoughts were

Happy discussions!

Didnt one accidently start to take off her gaurd uni when she was supposed to take off band uniform? Some one told me about that, but i didnt see it. Our gaurd uniforms actually got turned a shade of peachy-pink at the cleaners :angry:

yeha, she was tkaing off the band uniform and accidently pulled down her bottom too. funny (for us, probbly not for her) thing is that she didn't notice at first...and everyone gasped

haha, For the people that responded earlier on in the post... guard is spelled g-u-a-r-d, not g-a-u-r-d

Just like if you were to guard somebody, same spelling B)

Just a pet peeve of mine :D

Now you know so yup...

I think as long as the guard uniform flatters the guard, that's all that matters. And if that means that the guard is buff/skinny skinny and can pull off spandex unitards/ 2 pieces then so be it... it highlights how strong the guard is. But if the guard doesn't have all naturally thin people on it, then the uniform should be less form fitting.

• 4 weeks later...

i loved the uniforms

they were the first that ever actually FIT correctly

and they looked good

so what if they draw attention?

that's what they're supposed to do aren't they?

just my 2 cents from a wc guard person

yes there was janet jackson super bowl action

and there were also pants down at knees

but they were better than the unflattering dominatrix uniforms last year for e f/x

Broken Arrow's guard looked awesome... The uniforms look good, the girls are good at what they do, and the girls have the figure to wear the uniforms. I'm not trying to jab at anyone either... but all too often (at least in 3A) there are these guard members who are in these tight-fitting outfits that just "hug" :mellow: everything... But BA just had a good looking guard, and after watching the streaming video, they've definitely got their act together.

Broken Arrow Marching Band Grand Nationals Media Gallery