Videos from this year

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Langham Creek's Finals performance @ SHSU

Err, please take note we finished our show 2 days before this. So this is before we really got into cleaning.

And we added a bunch of transitions, an extra set to the end of the show, and completley changed the ending of the ballad (mostly visually) for san antonio.

• 3 weeks later...
FINALLY an arrangement of Nobuo Uematsu's "One Winged Angel"! I like the sound of this band......they're loud and very clean sounding with no one sticking out that much.

However, it's easier to concentrate on playing when the drill is that easy and the tempos are that slow.....not a bad thing at all, it's better to sound good and look crappy rather than look good and sound crappy.....and really they don't look crappy at all. My big complaint is just the tempos and the cheesy body movements. The transition into the breakdown section (aka. "Irrational Impulses" which was TOTALLY ripped from Westfield 2004....though I'm assuming the show arranger is either the same or the school bought the show from him) was too abrupt......and the body movements there were really cheesy and didn't fit the 'cool' techno theme at all.

Glad to see another Nobuo Uematsu show....I've been looking forward to this show since its announcement, and it didn't disappoint. Good video.

I am one of the drill techs for this band.

Haha, we are aware that the body movements are cheesy.

This was the first year the school was open. It was 60% freshman, and the rest of them pretty much came from Summit HS.

They were introduced to a completely different marching style, so the head band director started things off with an easier show.

I think it was good for them considering. Going in starting off with a hard show might have been a bad idea.

I must say. For a first year band, their high brass section sounded pretty awesome from person to person. Very clean.

Look out for this band next year, I say.

Ok, i'm sure most of you TXB peeps have never seen a South Texas [rio grande valley] show so here are some of the best from 2007:

@ without white pants

1st place group 4

2006 area g champs

Harlingen HS: Center Stage the best video i could find

Edinburg HS: A Fantabulous Night

enjoy them and comment them up on Youtube

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Mansfield at Duncanville this year...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&...sa=N&tab=wv

sorry it took so long to get up.

Wow....The Mansfield district sure does some great shows. This is awesome.....I accidently watched their 2006 show first and that one was even better (who's the drill writer for this band btw?).

First time I've ever seen "The Walk" on the field. That song was #1 on my iTunes for a good while back in the day. I love Imogen Heap!

• 3 weeks later...
Wow....The Mansfield district sure does some great shows. This is awesome.....I accidently watched their 2006 show first and that one was even better (who's the drill writer for this band btw?).

First time I've ever seen "The Walk" on the field. That song was #1 on my iTunes for a good while back in the day. I love Imogen Heap!

actually our director matt garrett writes it.

he's like jesus in marching band form... but with less facial hair.

But he honestly writes some of the best drill i've seen.... EVAR!

But yeah... our 06' show... pwnd babies... greatest marching band music in the world.

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this is allowed but I was randomly browsing through my Music for All Grand Nationals On-Demand video collection and under the 2006 section they had a video of the clip montage they show right before the awards ceremony at Grand Nationals (accompanied by the trademark BOA olympic-esque fanfare). I watched this and thought this was pretty amazing and thus clicked on the different years to see the montage videos from those years, but unfortunately BOA didn't put them up. Do these exist anywhere else online? Or maybe I should ask first; "Do the DVD sets come with them?". They're pretty nifty little clips, I don't understand why MFA doesn't include them in their On-Demand lineup.