Best show NOT TO WIN the gold medal

Band_Freak

Phantom Regiment 2006. They got shafted big time. It was better than '96 and '89 in my opinion. That mellophone line and Star's 91 mellophone line are tied in my book for most kickass mello section ever.

If you weren't at finals, you don't understand just how magical that performance was. That was my 6th or 7th time to see them, and all the other shows didn't even come close to what they pulled out that night.

Phantom Regiment 2006.  They got shafted big time.  It was better than '96 and '89 in my opinion.  That mellophone line and Star's 91 mellophone line are tied in my book for most kickass mello section ever.

If you weren't at finals, you don't understand just how magical that performance was.  That was my 6th or 7th time to see them, and all the other shows didn't even come close to what they pulled out that night.

I gotta agree. Best Silver medal show I've ever personally laid eyes on.

At SA they didn't seem too great, but up in Madison, man, they were in a class by themselves. That show killed!

And that was the best drumline Phantom's EVER had! I dare say even better than those of the days of Marty Hurley and Sir Ticks-a-Not himself, Lee Beddis!

Well, the thing is, what does one mean by "best"? If you're asking more of how pleasing/cool the show was... then Star '93 probably isn't the choice. Abstract is kind of an understatement. It's not something you can exactly groove to.

It was clean though. Very. Clean. Being 0.1 behind Cadets doesn't mean much. That's like a left hand diddle in the battery.

And if I'm not mistaken, the mellophone line got a 100 at I&E that year. :o

Well, the thing is, what does one mean by "best"? If you're asking more of how pleasing/cool the show was... then Star '93 probably isn't the choice. Abstract is kind of an understatement. It's not something you can exactly groove to.

It was clean though. Very. Clean. Being 0.1 behind Cadets doesn't mean much. That's like a left hand diddle in the battery.

And if I'm not mistaken, the mellophone line got a 100 at I&E that year. :o

I could groove to Star '93 all day long.

Well, the thing is, what does one mean by "best"? If you're asking more of how pleasing/cool the show was... then Star '93 probably isn't the choice.

i feel that "best" is left open to the individuals' interpretation. i also don't see how "pleasing" and "cool" are any more narrowed down. both seem VERY broad and open to interpretation as well.

either way, i have trouble understanding how star 93 of any show could not be labeled "cool". along those lines, cleanliness and execution are extremely "pleasing" to me, and i'll go so far as to assume it's probably pleasing to most people.

i guess it's all entirely subjective.

and the aforementioned "feeling of the groove" is mutual skippy :)

Phantom Regiment 2006.  They got shafted big time.  It was better than '96 and '89 in my opinion.  That mellophone line and Star's 91 mellophone line are tied in my book for most kickass mello section ever.

If you weren't at finals, you don't understand just how magical that performance was.  That was my 6th or 7th time to see them, and all the other shows didn't even come close to what they pulled out that night.

No doubt. This year's show owned, and it was very well executed. And your absolutely right about the mellophones too.